Tuesday, August 3, 2021

HELLO FRIENDS, THOUGHT I DISAPPEARED?

I was not swallowed by a black hole..... life just happened.

When Craftsy went out of business, I purchased two fat quarter bundles and gave one to my sister.  We both decided to do this Sew Kind of Wonderful Nine Patch on Point.
91 x 91




Next is the Star of  Bethlehem Quilt.  One block quilt.  My sister, Jeanette, came up with this idea.  She sure gets me into a lot of trouble...  Fits my Queen Size bed perfectly, can't remember how big it is but has a nice over hang.



This purple quilt is a block from Jaqueline Steves sew along from a few years back.

                  

                                       Here is the back with the beautiful Samoan fabric.



Sew Kind of Wonderful Chic Country, now this was a fun fun quilt to make and I will be making another.  I used Java Batiks from Inchworm Fabrics, a few Island Batik, and Timeless Treasure fabrics.


Jeanette and I both purchased Bella Mariposa fat quarter bundle from "Quilt in a day".  I made ginger jars as you see below and another quilt which is not done.  My sister has hers almost done.  My sister is a very busy gal, it is a wonder she gets any quilting done at all.  She has a full time job and a huge yard she likes to garden in when she gets home which is usually late.


I finally finished my king size log cabin quilt.  I was not able to use my longarm because once again we have family in that room, so I did it on my Jazz.  I don't know if you can see but for each row of log cabin I chose a different quilting design...was loads of fun.  Took me three days to quilt up.  I used the Accuquilt Log Cabin die.  I forgot the size, I do know width wide it is 108 because I had to add more to the backing and the backing was one of those 108" backing.  

                                   

I made this little baby quilt for a sweet cousin of mine using the Accuquilt 8" Go Cube and the Sunbonnet Sue die as well.


I finally got around to making pillow cases for this quilt.   Decided to put Gene Black pillow on there.  The pillow was his design and I just made it into a pillow.


This is my newest project.  With all of the turmoil going on I can not think of a more appropriate quilt.  I just love our country.  I used the Ohio Star Accuquilt Die and the Accuquilt Alphabet die.

Just have to finish her up.  It is for the Local Republican Woman group here in town to raffle off.


This is for a sweet little friend and her new baby.  Last night I quilted it.  I actually made it all in one day.  I could have finished it up but my machine messed up on me so I had to rip out a whole section....pooey.




                  So as you can see, I have been doing a little quilting since I last posted!   
 

16 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad to see you posting again! Looks to me like you've been doing a LOT of quilting since you last posted! Beautiful quilts - LOL - ;))

Jocelyn said...

Looks like you've been busy.

Terry said...

You've been busy! Everything looks great but I really love your log cabin quilt! :0)

Mystica said...

They are all so very beautiful. Love the log cabin the most.

Gene Black said...

Oh my goodness.... You have done a lot. I love the pillow. I have to laugh - the design was something I painted for a faux stained glass window for the set of a play I was in. It makes a lovely pillow. I think I need a pattern to make my own.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wow you have a lot of beautiful projects there that you finished up. Love the back of the quilt that you used the Samoan fabric. Wow!

Vicki in MN said...

OMG I wondered what happened to you!!! Wow you have been sewing up a storm, glad to hear that and see it as well! Beautiful quilts, I love them all.

Carol said...

You HAVE been busy! I love all your quilts. We've had grandkids around for most of the past 3 weeks so I have done very little (i.e., nothing) in my sewing room for too long. I'm having withdrawals, but it's worth it to have the kids here. Thanks for sharing!

dgs said...

Good to read your post this morning and see all of your beautiful quilts. You have been busy. I love them all but partial to the sentiments if your Patriotic quilt. I think you just inspired me to make another Patriotic quilt.

Kathleen said...

I was wondering where you were, but, boy did you do a lot in that time. I have slowed to a halt, was hoping after 2 trips I would pick up, but alas. Now, you my friend, are a real inspiration - so many gorgeous quilts. I love that Samoan fabric on the back, I am sure that is special to you.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great quilts. Glad your back!

QuiltGranma said...

You have made some lovelies!

beaquilter said...

Lots of great eye candy!

Barbara said...

In spite of being absent, you have been very busy! I love the king log cabin. I’m finally, after a lifetime of wanting to do it, making a king for our very own. It’s scrappy and I’m making it up as I go lol! I love your baby foxes!

Chookyblue...... said...

Just to busy to get back with all the sewing..... Lots of gorgeous quilts ......

KaHolly said...

OMG! You’ve been sew busy!