Tuesday, October 5, 2021

SISTER QUILTS

We definitely are having internet troubles over here at the Gaddy House.  Drives me insane.
I think we have too many users?  Hummmmm

As some of you know, I have my son and his family living here.  I had cleaned out my huge sewing room several years ago and they moved in for a year.  I did leave some quilty items in the room like my long arm (which I recently sold).

Anyways, I am making a short story long.  I moved all of my quilty stuff out of that room and the little storage room connected to it into my smaller sewing room and our third bedroom.

Now I have another son and his son coming to live with us and there goes the third room.....  I literally thought I could not bring another thing in my sewing room but each day as I clean out that room more stuff comes in.  I am truly amazed with my organizational skills (ha ha).  Believe it or not, I still have room to move around but every nook and cranny is crammed packed.  If I go missing....come look in the crannies of my room I may have fallen and not able to get up.....

Several weeks ago I wanted to show all of you  what I am going to show you now.

Here are three quilts made from the same fabrics.  Java Batiks from Inchworm Fabrics,  I had purchased these fabrics from her several years ago.

I know you have all seen these quilt but I am sure you didn't know they were sister quilts (made from the same fabrics).



This is "Radiant" by Cozy Quilt designs, using the Java Batiks


Same Java Batiks "Penelope" by Sew Kind of Wonderful


Same Java Batiks and a few Island Batik , "Chic County" by Sew Kind of Wonderful.

Isn't it amazing how different these quilts look?  So I call them sister quilts.

Today I went to her store and purchased a bunch more Java batiks....it is my birthday this week, won't tell you how old I am.   Anyways my husband asked what I wanted and I told him I didn't want or need anything.  He said, well then he would go and buy me some expensive jewlery.  I told him, that I am just not the expensive jewlery type person.  He has brought me some in the past, I do love what he has purchased but I just see no need when the cheap stuff suits me just find.  Did I hear someone laugh????  Ya think I am crazy?   Maybe....  I am actually a cheap wife for him, I hope he appreciates it.  He won't think I am cheap when he sees the bill I racked up in my sister's shop.....

Who is laughing now?

I have been busy in my sewing room ....  maybe tomorrow I will show you what I have been up too....till then!!

 

8 comments:

Darlene S said...

You are a great organizer, but more so I think you are an amazing mother. Your sewing room may be packed, but your home is filled with love. One day you will get your large sewing room back. I love your sister quilts too! Happy Birthday to you and I am with you on shopping for fabric vs jewelry. My flash gene is happiest with fabric vs jewelry.

Gene Black said...

I have never seen the joy in expensive jewelry. Yes it can be pretty, but so are cubic zirconium. And if the CZ gets lost or stolen, it isn't a big loss.

It is amazing how one set of fabrics can produce so many very different results.

I think you need to let you hubby know that at "She Shed -Sewing room" would be the perfect gift.

Jackie's Stitches said...

My sewing room is small. We are moving and I'm quite sure that more boxes came out of my sewing room than any other room in the house. Including the kitchen!

You're going to have a full house!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Happy birthday! I can't choose a favorite, all 3 quilts are lovely!! <3

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wonderful that you can help out your sons through housing for awhile. And wow, those 3 quilts looks so different from each other. I wouldn't have guessed they were the same fabrics. And I'm with you--I'd take cheap jewelry and nice fabric over expensive jewelry any day!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wow that is a lot of people. I am in awe. Glad you can seem to organize and hope you get time to sew. Great quilts! Happy Birthday. Once upon a time I loved jewelry. But now that I am older, there are many other things that I enjoy much more.

QuiltGranma said...

What to get wife for her birthday? a large number denomination on a gift certificate to her favorite quilt shop!

Vicki in MN said...

Happy Birthday!! I am glad you enhanced your fabric stash as your present:)