Sunday, February 14, 2021

DETOUR WITH CURVACEOUS CURVES

Here is the fabric I picked out for my Tree of Life Quilt.  I might change the solid green, we will see.

I did organize my fabrics and found I have way too much red.  I am not a red person so I can not figure out for the life of me why I have so much??????  I also have very little purple and pink, what is up with that?  Oh well...it is nice and tidy.  I wish I had taken a picture but my room has been destroyed since.  Don't ask me how that happened.


 


Blast those advertisements that come in our hotmail.....Blast!!!!!  

I clicked on an ad for Sew Kind of Wonderful and went to their site.  Blast it all!!


I did a tour of their free patterns and low and behold this pattern pops up.  I don't know what happened...

I JUST HAD TO HAVE IT !!!!

I had to order the Urban Nine Patch in order to do this  Nine Patch-on-point but I didn't mind.

I guess you know what happened after that????  Yep......the Tree of Life was put in a pile on my table (sorry)


Here is my quick Curve Ruler in action, it is a little unnerving to make that cut because as you know, once that cut is made, there is no going back.




                                                                          Here is the results!!!

                                        
                   

If I counted right, there are sixteen curves that have to be sewn and guess what????

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

By the way, I have my sister, Jeanette, to thank  for getting me hooked on this ruler.  I think she is joining me in making this quilt, not sure yet.

We have a little ice on the ground and it is cold cold cold......stay warm and safe!

14 comments:

Barbara said...

Beautiful fabrics and designs!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I really enjoyed the QCR.

Darlene S said...

Really beautiful block. I hope Jeanette can join you to make another quilt with this ruler. Way cool. And I like your fabric for you upcoming Tree of Life Quilt too!

Annie said...

Barb, it sounds like you’re having a great time in your sewing space. I haven’t done any quilts with curves yet. I never loved sewing sleeves into clothing, so........... I think larger curves though wouldn’t be so bad to do. So maybe a curved quilt design is in my future. Ha!

Gene Black said...

That is a very nice block. You are tempting me to get that ruler. Stay in and stay safe. You can fall easily on that ice.

Vicki in MN said...

I started their curved nine patch years ago...yes it is a UFO. Yours looks great.

Deanna said...

I, too, have thought about the color question. We have more of the colors we use least because....we didn't use them. And those colors we like best? Yep, we used them. And least that is my operating theory.

Needled Mom said...

I am chuckling here! I have decided that we have those colors because we DON’T use them. I have lots of pink because the stash never goes down. I sew very little pink. That curvy nine patch looks great.

Snoodles said...

That is an amazing block! I just might need to get one of those. Lol

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your block. The longer I watch what you are doing, the more I have to get that ruler. Do you have the large or small one? I had a small one a while ago and ended up giving it away. Probably a wrong move. LOL

Marie said...

Hey Barb, I really like that curve quilt block, great job! I broke down and bought the electric go cutter after I gave my other one to my bestie to enjoy as had a real problem because of my shoulder accident! Biggest problem is I just don't go in the quilt room as I should, each morning I tell my self I am but then get on something else. I DID start something that I can't show till I finish it and gift it and I really love it . will show it I hope next post! Have a beautiful day and stay warm! Many hugs Marie

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love anything made with the quick curve ruler!!! So I understand the temptation!

KaHolly said...

I love sewing curves, too! It’s just enough of a challenge to keep me motivated. Love this block! Interesting how fabrics seem to appear in our stash. I’m not one for the color blue, yet the bulk of my older stash has consistently been blue. Go figure! Wish I had more reds! Thanks for reaching out to me. You’re a gem! I’m okay, healthy, still sewing, but I’ve lost heart. The political climate has drained me, as if a pandemic wasn’t enough. That, and changes to Blogger that I couldn’t seem to navigate and couldn’t muster up enough enthusiasm to keep trying until I got it right.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Just checking in to see how you are doing.