Thursday, January 21, 2021

MY NEW BEST FRIEND (TOOL)

 

Recently I have been working with small pieces, like 3/4 inch squares.  My fingers just have a hard time working with that small of a piece.  


So.....Meet my new best friend!!!!



                                                  What a difference these tweezers make.

                                          

 

I saw this book on Amazon and I just love the sewing machines and scissors.  As you can tell, I couldn't resist.  It is not like I don't have other projects I am working on.


.....someone needs to help me from myself!!!!

                                   

Here is the first row.  I have to tell ya, I would have had it done sooner but last night I just kept making mistake after mistake.  When that happens a person knows it is time to quit for the evening.


I think I am going to make one log cabin block and then work on a project I started last year.  I think I only need five squares.  I don't know about you but I ask myself all of the time "Why didn't I just keep going?"


Have a wonderful evening.





9 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Such cute scissors!!!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Haha - if you're like me - you didn't "just keep going" because you got bored and/or saw another SQUIRREL! - LOL - ;))

Gene Black said...

Every time I pick up a UFO, I wonder why I left it so long.
I have three sets of tweezers on my sewing table. I use them all the time for various things. I love them too.

Vicki in MN said...

That scissors row is just adorable! I think I will make a few log cabin blocks today also:)

Needled Mom said...

I think we need to form a help group as I do the same thing. We should call each other instead so we could talk ourselves out of that new start. Knowing us, we’d likely add double projects! 😂 I do love the row of scissors! It will be a really cute quilt with the sewing machines.

Darlene S said...

You are working with 3/4" pieces? Are you Cra--? Yeap, you definitely need those tweezers. But your row is amazing. Clearly well worth working with those small 3/4" pieces. Great job.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I have that pattern. And fabric kitted up to do it. LOL But I have other projects ahead.

QuiltGranma said...

My UFO's? Usually a mathematical problem... like NOT measuring how long the border should be, and just sewing it on and the border is NOT square. Frustration at my ineptness! Why do I never learn?

Deanna said...

Those scissors are DARLING! One cannot have too many happy projects. Not possible.