Tuesday, January 12, 2021

LOG CABIN BLOCKS USING MY ACCUQUILT GO LOG CABIN DIE

As some of you know from previous post, I started using my Accuquilt Log Cabin Die to cut up my scraps.  I emptied one tub and one basket.



Here is what I have so far.  Thirteen blocks.  It is great to have them cut out and ready to go.

While traveling 2 hours to see my son and his family I took my fabric with me in their plastic compartments (see post below) and I separated the lights from the darks.  It was taking me so long to get the fabrics I wanted when I was sewing that I took that riding time to do this.  It took me one and a half hours to seperate but I am so glad that I did.

A little note about the log cabin die and the blades coming out.....I have yet to call them.  I did go on their site and leave a message with a picture but I just hate the telephone but I will.....I must get on that phone and call them.

If you are interested in the row by rows that my sister and nieces are doing, Jeanette has the pictures up of hers and a few others that have finished their rows for this month on her blog.


 We have decided that at the first of the month I will post the theme and then Jeanette will post the pictures of the rows when she gets them.  I have to tell ya, these are turning out so cute.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Such special results with my favorite block!

Needled Mom said...

The Log Cabin block is the one I am using to help empty my 1 1/2” scrap basket this year too. I’m sure the Go Would make it a bit faster, but I’m doing it the “ old fashioned way “. It will be fun to follow along with you.

Gene Black said...

Your log cabins are looking really great. It has a wonderful separation of lights and darks.

You really need to call AQ soon. The longer you wait -the harder it will be.

Kathleen said...

I am thinking hard about this fabric management and I love the log cabin die as a way to do it....now I am thinking I need one.

Darlene of Creative Latitude said...

Really lovely. And what a great way to use up scraps. I love it. Sorry to hear you are having problems with the blades pulling out. I had that happen with the Rag die. For me, I found if I kept the blades clean (e.g. using a Famore microfine tweezer) it helped. But I'd also lay my mat on top and lightly/slowly press the blades back into place. I always thought it was because the ragging part of the die blades were so close together. But that should not be the case on the log cabin die. You may want to send another email to their customer support team. There were pretty good to me on a problem with a recent purchase and resolved it vs me having to return it. Good luck. I hope a replacement die will resolve this problem as it doesn't seem right, nor does it make me want to purchase this die (even though I love what you are creating and would also like to create such).