Tuesday, September 11, 2018

STARSTRUCK


September's Challenge for the Island Batik Ambassadors is Starstruck.


We are celebrating Stars this month.

My sister Jeanette, Inchworm Fabrics, was visiting in June and so we decided to do an Island Batik project together.

We chose September's Challenge using Paisley Dot's by Island Batik.




If you like industrial, maybe you will like this wall hanging. 



Jeanette will show you her project as soon as her frame is finished.

Jeanette was with me when we found this frame in one of the antique (JUNK) stores in town.

Then I decided to use my  Island Batik scraps to make this project below.


I have done this pattern several times.  As you can see below it is really a simple quilt.


You can find the tutorial at Diary of a Quilter

As I said above,  I wanted to make it scrappy!


Here are the Island Batik scraps that I used, separated into light and darks.

I just had to make six light and six dark 10" squares.

Then I decided to make a scrappy border.  For the corner squares I made four 6" squares.


Here is what's left.  I have to admit, they are organized a little better than the first picture but I am pleased as punch that my piles have gone down.


All of these left over bindings from other projects made up the binding of this quilt.  Don't you just love scrappy?







4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Your industrial looks great, Barb. I also LOVE that scrappy star.

QuiltShopGal said...

Total #CreativeGoodness. All your projects are beautiful and inspirational. I love those vibrant batiks.

Gene Black said...

I love the "industrial" piece -although it is not really colors I would choose. The framing idea is brilliant. Were you looking for something like that before you started or was it one of those "I saw it and suddenly KNEW" moments?

West Michigan Quilter said...

Great use of scraps. Love the industrial too.