Friday, September 6, 2019

CHILD'S PLAY - BEAR'S PAW

The Island Batik Challenge for this month is Child's play using the BOB (block on a board) Accuquilt Go die.  It does not get any easier than this or any more fun!






Here are a few things you can do with this die.

Beaquilter received the same die, if you are interested in seeing what she has done for this months challenge, go here.






Aurifil Threads #2605 (grey) for sewing and #2130 (light yellow) for quilting.



I had originally planned a different border but didn't like how it looked so I opted for this border.  They are sewn together like you would sew your binding pieces together (on the diagonal).


The brighter the fabric the better.  That is my Motto!

51" x 61"

I used Island Batik Foundation Bundle Coordinates - basics and blenders from the recent box they sent to us.  Island Batik White (can't go wrong with white).




The whole time I was making this quilt I kept thinking of crayons. I always loved the beginning of the school year when we had a brand new box of crayons.  I also love smelling them....just like glue, and fabric....ha ha....  yep...I am a crayon,glue, fabric sniffer and proud of it!





19 comments:

beaquilter said...

This looks awesome! Don't see your method for the square diamond? Also I didn't do cathedral windows...but thanks for the mention! And your border is great!!

Emily said...

This is super cute! I love the colors!

Gene Black said...

You did a great job or making a bright happy child's quilt. Those borders are just so wonderful.

Angie said...

Such a beautiful quilt!! Enjoy your day!! :-) :-)

Pink Rose said...

Hi Barb wow the quilt you made is awesome ,i love the lovely happy colours and the border is just perfect,well done my friend xx

Anna brown said...

Very very nice love the colors....happyness04431@yahoo.com

Snoodles said...

Love, love the colors and your border! Great job!!

Terry said...

That's such a fun quilt! :0)

teachpany said...

Great project, great colors and great post! I had smelly markers and needed a new box every year when I was teaching, lol. The raspberry was the best!

JJ said...

Looks great. I am sure one of your grandkids is going to love that quilt.

Carol said...

Lovely quilt! The bright crayon colors really make it--and who doesn't love a box of new crayons? I still like it. Ha!

Kathleen said...

Fun quilt and always so great to be reminded of the old/new again techniques. I love the block in the center made that way!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

This is a fun bright happy quilt!

QuiltShopGal said...

Most cheerful bears paw quilt I've ever seen. I love it. I definitely need to get that AccuQuilt die.

Barbara said...

Somehow missed this post. Love it, especially for a child! So colorful!

KaHolly said...

Bright and beautiful!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your quilt and the bold bright colors. I particularly like the way you did the borders. Very clever. What a fun quilt!

Sally said...

These bright bold colors are PERFECT to give a modern edge to a traditional pattern. LOVE BEAR PAW!

Pamela said...

What a fun, bright quilt! I was a crayon sniffer, too and it does look like a box of new crayons!