Thursday, July 25, 2019

FANCY FOREST BY ELIZABETH HARTMAN

What is wrong with me?

Two post in two days?

Here is one of the five quilts that needed to have a binding put on.


                             Today I got three of the five quilts all done.  YEA ME!!!

Don't you just love this quilt?  I know I do.  I love Elizabeth Hartman's Patterns.  This one is called Fancy Forest which I purchased on amazon.   I recently purchased her Ocean pattern as well.  I am not good with small pieces but I confess I think I am getting better.

She gives very detailed directions.  At first you look at her patterns and go..OH NO>>> I am not doing that.  But she breaks it down to where it is doable.

I used Flea Market by Island Batik, and Aurifil #2835 thread.

I had planned this to be Septembers Island Batik Challenge but it didn't fit within the rules so...I just finished it anyways.  My daughter in Law saw it and said with much enthusiasm that she wanted me to make her a quilt just like this one.  Well...how could I refuse her this one.  I am going to pet it a while before I give it to her.


Just call me a fabricfile....ha ha...

11 comments:

Pamela said...

This is so gorgeous! I will have to make this pattern someday, and I really love it in Island Batik.

Gene Black said...

I love that quilt Barb. It looks so good in the batiks.

Barbara said...

This is awesome! Its colorful, beautiful, whimsical, and any other wonderful adjective. I can see why you like her patterns. What is the size of this quilt???
I can’t believe you finished binding 3 projects! A very productive day.

Jocelyn said...

The quit is so cute!

Rebecca said...

The great thing about Elizabeth Hartman's patterns is while there are small pieces they are usually pieced on to larger pieces and then you flip and cut.
I have the fancy forest pattern and jut got the dragon not to long ago

Snoodles said...

Wow! That is fabulous in batiks! Love it!

KaHolly said...

Your fabric palette is perfect!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous love the colors!

Kathleen said...

I love this - and I do think you could have used it for September, but sometimes there is another quilt calling. I'll be in touch about the QAL!

Kathleen said...

This is just perfect! I love it in batiks - you did a fabulous job . Its too bad about September, but it is a great quilt.

Jackie's Stitches said...

such a cute finish! I can't believe you got 3 quilts bound in one day!