Monday, December 10, 2018

SWEET TOOTH POUCHES

My sister, Jeanette at Inchworm, told me about these pouches a few months ago.

I have been wanting to make them for my girls that come to Activity Days at church.

Here is the link if you want a tutorial:  

Punkin Patch does a great job in showing how to do these.

I wanted to make mine bigger so I put two skittles together, I wanted them big so the girls could put lots of fun stuff in them.



I used the heat n bond clear vinyl.



This is the back of all of the bags, I have three more to make.  I put the lining so you could see the fabric through the clear parts of the candy wrappers.  I think it looks cute but that is just me.

I think the longest part is in preparing all of the wrappers with the vinyl, sewing them is the easiest part especially the way Punkin Patch shows you.

16 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

That pink quilt is so pretty and how generous of you to share it. These pouches look so interesting.

Jocelyn said...

Wow! And how many bags of candy did you have to eat to make this many bags ;-)

Annie said...

I followed the same tutorial. I agree it is step by step and very clear. These are such fun to make! I love these candy bags every time I see them. When I see the see-through section of a bag I always wonder how I can change that. I love how you let the lining take care of that little situation.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Barb what a great idea,thankyou for sharing.

Needled Mom said...

Those are so cute. I like how the fabric shows through on the clear area. I have several wrappers saved to do some, but have not attempted them yet. Thanks for the link.

QuiltShopGal said...

They look so yummy.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

These are such great gifts. I remember when I first started seeing this type of bag. Thanks for the link. The original version didn't include H&B vinyl. I'm anxious to go read about it.
Merry Christmas
Carol

Gene Black said...

Those are so fun. I hope you saved some of the candy to put in the finished pouches!

Kathleen said...

These are terrific and fun little pouches. Now, I have a little idea for a quick project for our fall fair next year!

Calicojoan said...

I love these. Going to check out this tutorial. I've done a few that were fails because the packages melted when I went to fuse on the vinyl! LOL!!!

KaHolly said...

Pretty clever!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Fun pouches. I think the girls will be thrilled to receive the pouches grateful that you thought ahead to make them a bit larger. Girls need that extra bit for all their things. I tried making the candy wrapper pouches a few years ago but I didn't have the Heat and Bond vinyl either. Your version looks much easier to turn.

Carol said...

These are really cool, aren't they? I've made several too, but I use both sides of the candy bag. Missouri Star has the tutorial I used. The kiddos (and adults) love them. They make a fun project.

West Michigan Quilter said...

These are wonderful. Thanks for the link. I've been wanting to try this. My great grandson would love it. Great idea.

Barbara said...

Cute as can be, and two is better than one!

Barbara said...

It’s not just you, Barb, I think they look really cute too!