Wednesday, September 16, 2015

DOING THE HAPPY DANCE (SO NO, THAT IS NOT THUNDER

Yesterday I woke up with nothing on my to do list..... all I had to do was take a prescription to town for my mother.

Trust me when I tell you this, that these days are few and far between.

So what did I do with all of this new found freedom?


You got it!!!

QUILT!!!





This  quilt has logged a lot of traveling time from the moment it became a flimsy to a quilt.
Has a history of laying on the quilting machine, to the cutting table, to the stool by the cutting table and then back again.  If I had a penny (let's make it a quarter) for ever time I have moved this from place to place I could probably go on a fantastic shopping spree.



I got brave and tried something different on my quilting machine...


Here is the back of the quilt.  Still in the Honeymoon process but I am getting used to the machine and it's quirks.


Had so much fun that I am digging through my UFO's for another top to put on my frame (the choices are great....and I should be embarrassed)...but NOT!!


Gotta run out this morning but am getting a head start so when I come back this afternoon I can get busy.....

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Time is so precious these days. I'm so glad that you had a chance to get some quality sewing time into your day. The quilting looks great.

Wacky Woman said...

What a happy quilt. Love it!

hetty said...

Lovely! The colours are fantastic. You used your time wisely.

Lynette said...

Hey, hey! It looks great - nothing Honeymoon about that. :)

Lynn said...

Looks great to me!

barbara woods said...

Beautiful quilting

suemac said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun

Gene Black said...

I love that quilting. It doesn't interfere with the design of the piecing at all. Bravo!

QuiltSue said...

Seems like you're having fun with your frame.

Ruth said...

That's a darling quilt and the quilting is great! I know what you mean about moving something around - the story of my quilting life!