Wednesday, March 20, 2013

MY HUSBAND HAS SAID

That if there is an empty space, I can fill it.

 I think he is right!

 What you are looking at here is the half wall and on the other side is the staircase. These are projects in the works

What you are looking at here is the mid arm....hummmmm Now once you have seen this, keep in mind that I hate clutter...just ask my mother...drives me nutzzzzzzz. I can take it for a few days but then it has to go. I was actually thinking of just thowing stuff away again. Yep, you heard that a few months ago.
I guess I figure if I shame myself I will clean it.

 Actually, yesterday I did try finish some of the projects you see there.

 I wasn't very successful

 But I did clean things away.

 As most of you know, my sewing room is half a son's room so I took over the common area and that is what you see here.

 I don't have anywhere to put anything

 have too much to do therefore, I do nothing.... I will chose a winner for the giveaway tomorrow....no motivation here. The embroidery blog hop is going on right now, see the sidebar. Then the Stitchery Blog hop with Madame Samm and Jane is on the side bar...lots of fun things going on.

15 comments:

Sheila said...

You are not alone Barb, I can fill a space rather quickly myself ;-)

Jocelyn said...

Barb, you are so creative that it's hard to keep up with your projects. Your quilt patterns are so pretty and you do so many other things as well. I can understand about the clutter, but when there is no place to work your craft, that is what happens.

Barbara said...

I also hate clutter, actually I can't function with it. I get immobilized...is that a good excuse for being lazy? ;)

Needled Mom said...

I think most of us are the same way, Barb, I can fill all of those spaces too and I HATE clutter.

Wacky Woman said...

I also hate clutter; but, somehow it finds me.

SewCalGal said...

Do not throw all your beautiful, inspirational, amazing projects away. You just need to find a way to store them till you can finish them. Possibly a closet, storage tubs, dresser drawers, etc. You've just been busy creating....we need to schedule some "finishing parties" for you to celebrate some finishes. But, do not throw them away. Fold, store, time will come for more finishes. They are all beautiful and want your love and creativity to make them into spectacular works of beauty.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Marla's Crafts said...

Not sure what the give away is but I hope it is not clutter. Ha ha. I finally got everything organized in my sewing room this year and am trying very hard to keep it uncluttered.

andsewon said...

I like 'ordered clutter'...yes there is such a thing! I invented it! hahaha! I had company in sewing room yesterday and it was a tight squeeze each trying to do different things!Maybe the fellas should bunk so you have your room back...hahaha!
Hugs,
Lola

Jacqueline said...

Remember the old adage: How do you eat an elephant? Why one bite at a time. When the task seems overwhelming and keeps me from moving forward this is what I think of... one bite at a time.

LOL

Rhonda said...

Funny Barb. That's what my sewing room looks like right this minute...things everywhere. We are kindred spirits!!

Tammy said...

men can be such know it all at times can't they. My husband seems to say the same thing.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Sweetie, the "mess" is really the side effect of creativity....who wants to create and have things all tidy and neat....you'd never find it if it were put away!

Hugs,
Kelly
PS....you would feel so very good about your "mess" if you could see the one I left at home almost a month ago, when I left to stay here at the hospital with my mom.

Snoodles said...

Your husband is quite profound....but mine says I will find a space that is already full and cram more into it. Especially fabrics! LOL Wouldn't they rather we had a fabric-and-creating habit than some others we might have? Heehee!

Susan Entwistle said...

I sympathize with your clutter, Hopefully you'll get it all squared away soon and the creative juices can flow.

Angie said...

Sugar, my clutter outdoes yours, so stop fretting... LOL
I love those round, appliqued toppers