Saturday, March 16, 2013

"I FEEL THE EARTH MOVE UNDER MY FEET"

The earth is not moving in the way you think it is.....
 The earth is moving because I am jumping up and down with delight!!!
 I got my embroidery machine back....

see what it did? By the way, this is Marjorie's design and next week Kelly from "I have a Notion" is sponsoring an Embroidery Blog hop, the button is on the sidebar.  Do join them.  I had wanted to but well....just got my machine back.

I am so happy.

 My son is on his computer in his room/m ysewing room and I keep coming in and out squealing....and saying...you just wait James, you just wait to see what this machine does.

 I was told that the sensor was just gunky and dirty.
 When I purchased the machine I was told it had been serviced but maybe the sensor was overlooked. They said it could possibly be the board going out. I will continue to hold my breath on that one. It cost enough just getting this out of the shop.
 Not complaining....it works like a gem right now....

 Where is some wood?? gotta go knocking on it.

Then I got some clips and this five inch half hexie ruler from Missouri star quilt co.....I just love them.

So when I was at the quilting group on Thursday Morning, I asked Marylin about why my machine chews up my fabric when I start to sew.  It is so frustrating, I change needles, use leaders and enders...but still have issues.  She suggest this straight stitch plate.

I am so excited to use it.  I got it today when I got my emboridery machine out of the shop.  I would not have gotten it if my husband had not been there but he said..."Get what you need"...

don't you just love that man???  He always reminds me that you bloggers say he is a keeper.

Now I am waiting for my son from Japan to come in....3 more hours....so I will play until then and well...if you feel the earth move under you feet, no worries, it is just me dancing around the house.

23 comments:

Terry said...

What a cute little Christmas tree! Let me know how that stitch plate works. I have the same issues with my machine sometimes. :0/

Betsy said...

Barb, I know that you are just jumping up and down with joy with your son coming in. I totally missed out on the embroidery hop.I even meant to ask you if you have been using your machine. Now I know. Have fun with your son.

Needled Mom said...

It looks great, Barb, and glad it was a minor fix.

I love the single hole plate for my machine. It is amazing what a difference it makes when straight sewing.

JustCindy said...

So glad you got your machine back. I'm sure you are just a tiny bit excited about your son arriving.

Wacky Woman said...

How great! About everything, especially about your son!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've just recently gotten my first 9mm machine and the straight stitch plate makes a lot of difference. I didn't use one on my 5.5mm machine but didn't have any problems.

I'm glad you got your embroidery machine back!

Jean(ie) said...

Those straight stitch plates make a world of difference! Enjoy the time with your sons!!!!!!!

Cindy said...

I thought the house was shocking.

Lesley said...

I can hear the squeals of delight from here! I also purchased a new throat plate like that one for my sewing machine and it made all the difference! Fabrics never jam and the machine sews like a charm. I'm sure you will be pleased with it.

Sheila said...

Love your tree block! I sometime have the same problem with my machine, how would a "straight stitch plate" help? Have a great time dancing around the house :)

Gene Black said...

Yaay for getting the machine back AND for having such a supportive husband

sandra said...

Hi Barb, happy the machine is now working and we wii see some beautiful work coming from you. Is your son home for a holiday or for good.

Missy Shay said...

I have the same problem with Janome when I am chain stitching, it is so frustrating! Now I do all of my piecing on my hand crank sewing machine and never have any problems!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Woooo hooooo so glad your girlfriend is back in operating condition! I'd be squeeling too.

Hugs,
Kelly

Rhonda said...

Hooray Barb. So happy you've gotten the machine back and all is well!!

SewCalGal said...

I do use a variety of stitch plates and see a difference. Had held off using them for years. Not an expert, but certainly see a value in them. Also like one that has a little hole (not sure of the name) when I do FMQ. Hope you like your straight stitch plate. My general assumption is that unique plates really do provide value. We (me) just need to give them a try and understand when they help.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

hetty said...

That will teach me to sit at my computer in the middle of the night. I just left you a comment and I hit the wrong key and it disappeared. So if you got it, just delete it. I wanted to say that I feel your earth movements over here. I know what you mean. I don't have an embroidery machine, but I just got my Bernina back and it works. (After taking it to various places to get it fixed.) Doing the happy dance over here! So those earth movements may just be my own.

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Enjoyed your post today and so happy you got your machine and your son back!

AnnieO said...

That is a darling Christmas tree! I can just picture you bopping around the house so happily, makes me smile :) I tried to get a straight stitch throat plate for my 10+ year old machine at the Road To California show, but it was too elderly a part for the dealer to carry at the show. But I hope it works for you!

suemac said...

Sound like St. Patrick's Day is a winner for you.

JudyC said...

I have a question....do you use the straight plate for embroidering or regular straight sewing like quilting or both? I have one and never used it, actually wondered why it was included with my machine.

Unknown said...

Wow this is wonderful so glad for you Barb.....on your machine and your sons being home.....

Jenny Watson Blogs said...

I also want to ask same question as JudyC said that, do you use the straight plate for embroidering or regular straight sewing like quilting or both?

Villas for Rent in Italy