Tuesday, March 12, 2013

BELLY UP TO THE QUILTING BAR AND ENJOY NATIONAL QUILT MONTH WITH "THE QUILT SHOW"

Today I have several things to show you, kinda a smorgasbord of quilting delight but calorie free.

 I made this blue runner the other day with my binding tool from Missouri Star Quilt Co.


 Then I ordered this book from Amazon. It cost me all of ninety cents plus shipping

 From investigating last night, you use paint to design your quilts. I don't know much about paint but I can sure learn.

Now for the fun part ------------------------------------------

The Quilt show is opening up their website beginning Friday, March 15, through Sunday, March 17, and there will be terrific prizes from companies we know and love like Bernina, GAmmill, Superior Threads, AccuQuilt, C&T Publishing, RJR Fabric.  Ricky and Alex will have gift baskets to give away too.  The grand prize is a new BErnina 550QE sewing machine!  You get free access to over 140 shows.

Why are they doing this?  As most of you know it is National Quilt Day March 16th and  this is their way of helping us celebrate.

If you are not familiar with The Quilt Show, maybe you should take a gander over there.  You will find all kinds of fun projects and tons of videos by Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson.  Just sit your computer next to your sewing machine and take advantage of the videos while you sew.  Can't think of a better way to celebrate than that!!  Prizes too!! 








 

11 comments:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really like your Table runner!

suemac said...

Hmm a bargain. Way to go.

Fleurette said...

I love the Quilt Show. Your runner is pretty!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your table runner. That books looks interesting. Hope you will tell me how to do that in Paint!

Snoodles said...

Wow! Thanks for the heads up! I'll be glued to my seat and pedal to the metal!

KaHolly said...

Love the runner! Hope you enjoy your new book. Thanks for the heads up about the quilt show!!

Jean(ie) said...

I'm excited about the quilt show being open. I'd like to investigate that site. That book looks interesting. Might have to look into that!

VickiT said...

I love that runner. I've been trying to find a written tutorial to make that. I just can't do things from a video as much as I like watching them.

I have heard of designing quilts using Paint but haven't looked into it at all. Have fun.

Barbara said...

Barb, thanks for the heads up!

SewCalGal said...

You are the Quilt Shopping Queen. I'm impressed you found a great quilting book for ninety cents. Amazing!

I'm certainly blocking my schedule to watch as many TQS shows as I can this weekend. Great opportunity. Definitely many fun activities going on this weekend for quilters. I do hope you get a chance to celebrate International Quilting Time with some quilting fun this weekend too!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Barb. Got to run - sewing and watching sewing to do.