Thursday, August 25, 2011

WHAT'SSSSSSSS UPPPPPPP???

I have had several people email me and ask "What'sssssss uppppp"! Wondering where I am.

Have you ever heard the saying "I am so busy, I don't know which end is up"? Well...that is me right now.

I was away for two days (missed the earthquake). Came home and hit the ground running. I am preparing for two meetings today. (which we had another small earthquake last night at one in the morning).

One is with the presidency of my little Beehive class and this is what I have planned for them.



That teired center piece will be fill with truffles (my first time making them), lemon bars, and fudge (turned out a little tooo done).

I was going to make a table cloth yesterday but thought I am stretching myself a little thin so I got a piece of fabric my son sent me from the Philipines and made it work.

The glasses were given to me by a friend and I had to dig in my storage boxes for the little plates.

After our meeting I have another meeting with the Leaders over these beautiful young women. I have a few things I have gotten organized for that as well.

So....maybe .... just maybe...if I am lucky, I might get some sewing in tonight or.....if I chose, just put my feet up and sit a spell.

Have a fabulous day......

Can you tell I love my little young women? Be sure to check out Quilt Hollow (link on my sidebar) for her "Pick Four" review and giveaway...but remember me on Sunday...I will be waiting for you!

16 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Sounds like you've been super busy. Hope you can get some quilting in tonight. Hugs

Jean(ie) said...

Hugs. lemon bars. oh my those sound so yummy! Might need to make some.

Sheila said...

Have fun with your little women ,looks like a fun day.

Needled Mom said...

Glad that all is okay and I can certainly understand busy!

Your table looks great and I'll be over when the goodies appear!!!!

Wacky Woman said...

How sweet. How many girls will there bee? Do you think it was an aftershock you felt this morning?

vivian said...

You are so co-ordinated! Have fun at your meetings!

Terry said...

There's another saying...I'm so busy I don't know if I've found a rope or lost my horse! :0)

JustCindy said...

Your table looks lovely. I bet they will enjoy your treats. You will have time to sew after you get things situated for the girls.

free indeed said...

Blast! I lost the comment on an error and it was a long one too grrrr!
Just wanted to say I like the table scape, the treats sound scrumptious! and I sooo want your table! I saw it at a store this past month and drooled all over it! It comes in green and is so solid! Only reason I didn't buy, was the size; no leaves for when the oodles of kids come home :( Hope this goes through this time....

Hands Sew Full said...

I hope you get some "fun for Barb" time in this evening. Sitting or sewing, what ever suits you!

Betsy said...

Sounds like they will have a great time. We have the same table Barb except mine is square.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Glad you missed the earthquake and I hope you got some sit down time amongst all the busyness and fun!!! xo

Deanna said...

Glad to hear that you are well. The girls will LOVE it. What a good leader you are. How did they get along without you while you were off playing on the beach for three years?

Anyway, when all the fun dies down, I will come over and eat all the leftover fudge. Even this early in the morning it sounds good for some reason.

:)

Crispy said...

Yes you have been busy! I can tell you love your young women :0)

Crispy

Unknown said...

Glad you missed the main earthquake...and that you are safe. Have fun with the young ladies!

hetty said...

Love the table and its setting. I used to have a set of those glasses. I can tell that you enjoy the young women! Sounds like you are going to be very busy. Hope you get some time to yourself to put your feet up or sew or whatever.