Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A FEW HOURS OF STIPPLING



This is my Janome and we have had many miles of stippling together. I taught my niece how to stipple (or what I knew and she went from there) on this machine. The only problem I have with stippling is with some bunching under the quilt. I have found that if I stipple with the back side up that I don't have as much bunching and less pulling out. Anyone have any tips on keeping the bunching out of the equation? I sure hate spending quality time ripping out work I have already done. I also check my work alot to make sure that no bunching happens but for some reason, I still get the bunching. Lots of fun but sometimes lots of frustration. The finished results is amazing. I did do a King size quilt with no bunching (go figure).

2 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

You're stippling is beautiful! I enlarged the pic so I could see it really well. I haven't gotten the motion down for it yet. My FMQ is actually pretty rotten but I'm going to get it yet! Would love you to share any tips you have!

Elly D said...

Your stippling looks great. I haven't yet managed to do this kind of stippling, for some reason I always end up going in circles.
Thank you for your visit and lovely comments. Which of your blogs is your main blog?