Friday, December 9, 2016

STICKY SUBJECT - - - COSMETIC SURGERY


I am a fly by nighter.....

My mother always said that I run around like a chicken with my head cut off.

I don't like to pin.

But.......

I decided that I should really start.



for some reason it makes it easier if you pin.

I never wanted to take the time but for some reason things go together easier.

Go figure.

I am how old am just now figuring this out????
Should I be ashamed?


My sewing room has been humming.  I wish I could show you all of the things I have been doing but it will have to wait til After Christmas.

I actually had a full day of nothing to do...well I had things to do but nothing I had to get out and do.

So I had a blissful day yesterday.


My daugher in law has our round table....and the top is kind ugly so I made her this.

She loves purple and yellow...these are the colors she wanted.



Then...

I was in the store the other day and saw a table runner with reindeer on the ends like this but different reindeer.  I came home and thought about it....remember the hand towel.



I just love this little guy.

Anyways.....I just enlarged him and used my awesome Island Batik Christmas fabrics.

I just love it.....looks more fun up close and personal but this picture will have to do.

I hope all of you are getting ready for a wonderful Christmas.  Most of my gifts will be handmade.

I have another day in my sewing room.  Count me lucky!!!!


Everyone was so sweet to comment on my naked reindeers.....

A little cosmetic surgery and now they have ears????

Silly me!!



10 comments:

Kathy E. said...

I'm not much of a pinner, either, Barb. I know I should be, but perfectionism isn't always my goal. If it were, I'd never get anything finished! I do love those reindeer on both the runner and towel! So cute! Happy Sewing!

Gene Black said...

I have a love/hate affair with pinning. But sometimes it is just necessary - and it does make a world of difference in those times.

QuiltShopGal said...

I think a lot of people hate to pin. I'll confess I'm not that great at it, but as I've been trying to work on my precision piecing skills I'm doing it more. But I do have a friend who uses a glue stick and her piecing is always perfect. So, what ever works for you. Lovely round table topper.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Barbara said...

I'm never an eager pinner, but it makes sewing so much easier for me. I love your reindeer ears, they look more complete. They need to hear Santa call out his orders!

Wacky Woman said...

I do actually pin because I'm lazy and don't like to rip and re-stitch. Great table topper.

Ariane said...

This table runner is adorable! Perfect for the season! Congrats on a wonderful finish!!

Needled Mom said...

I've always been a pinner. I think it comes from the fact that my sewing started with garment sewing.

Your reindeer runner is so cute. Looking forward to seeing your secret sewing too.

KaHolly said...

I never used to be a pinned, but I've slowed down significantly and do take the time, now. Has made a big difference in my work! XO

Snoodles said...

Love those reindeer!

Marie said...

Merry Christmas Barb and many blessings to your family. I treasure your sweet friendship. Hugs, Marie