Friday, January 14, 2022

A New Year......Hopefully, a good one.

 I have not blogged in forever.....it seems if I was sick my husband wasn't and if he was sick I wasn't.

Then a week before Christmas  we both came down with Covid.  I have to tell ya....it was not pretty.  In the 42 years we have been married we both have not been this sick at the same time.  We think our little 12 year old house guest brought it home to us from school.  She was really tired one night and then she started complaining of not being able to taste anything....that is the extent of her sickness.  The not being able to taste for her lasted about a week.

Our son and his family went to see our other sons  a week befor Christmas so we were on our own.  Our little house guest was able to return to her family.

Thank Heavens for grocery delivery.  We had all kinds of cough medicine and easy foods to eat delivered.  Neither of us felt like eating and our smell and taste totally disappeared.  Everything tasted like cardboard.

My taste has not come back and all of you will be shocked that I don't really care for chocolate now....in fact, it kinda turns my stomach.  Strange huh???  It was my staple of life but not anymore.


Well...I am not going to show what I was doing before Christmas because Christmas is gone and I was not able to finish some of my projects let alone deliver them to the intended person,


So I will show you what I have been up to this month.



Country Chic by Sew Kind of Wonderful.  I have used Java Batiks from Inchworm fabrics and Island Batik Fabrics as well.  I had started this before Christmas but put it away to make Christmas gifts.


I saw this sewing table around November, it was at Lowes or on their website....It was so inexpensive that I just had to get it.  In fact, it actually adds more room to my room and looks so much better than the plastic table I was using.  Although I have a need for speed and sometimes my table rattles...haha


This next quilt is Jump Rings from Missouri Star Quilt Company "BLOCK."  This was so fun and very very fast.  Very little waste.  One fat quarter can make up to 4 rings, just depends.


Here are the fabrics I used....oh my gosh.  In fact, these are the fabrics that my sister, Jeanette, from Inchworm fabrics sent me to advertise for her.....kinda like an ambassador.  Who wouldn't pass up free fabric and such pretty fabrics.

I hope that my computer will do better this year but I doubt it.  My son called and we were talking about my computer...he said, why don't you just buy a new one.  I said I was toooooooo cheap.  He said, well, I have an old computer in my closet.  Now I have to tell ya....when my son says old, it was probably last years model.  It is probably very very nice, much nicer than one I would buy.  We will see...everyone cross your fingers!!!

Hope all of you have a very Happy New Year.



16 comments:

swooze said...

Happy New Year! I hope you’re fully recovered!

KeyQuilter said...

I'm sorry you two were ill but glad you're getting a bit better. My hubby was diagnosed with leukemia right before Christmas so yes, everything else has come to a great big HALT! I'm not at my quilt shop- friends are opening it a couple times a week. I haven't moved out of the range of hubby longer than to shower in a month-not even through the doors to the sewing area. I pray the year gets better for All of us, quickly, Lord! First time in my life I've ever been "off" this long, & first time ever to have gone this long without sewing. Keep writing for us, Barb, because it's the closest some of us get for awhile!

Gene Black said...

I am glad to hear you are better. I wonder if your taste for chocolate will come back.

The new sewing table looks nice. I have never seen a sewing table at Lowes. (probably a good thing!)

Annie said...

I love both those quilts. Even before I read that your sister sent you the fabrics for the jump rings quilt I was drooling over the color combination in the quilt. You caught my attention with the sewing table...but I have long legs and the shelves right under the machine would not work out well for me. Dang! Good luck with computer stuff.

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Oh, Barb - I'm so sorry to hear that you guys were sick - but glad you are feeling better now! Lovely projects - and fabrics - and I have my fingers crossed - and toes - and eyes - if that will help - LOL - ;))

myzbarb said...

So happy to hear you survived Covid! Kids bring so many nasty bugs home; just 15 minutes with my great-granddaughter and I had a nasty cold and sinus infection. As for those quilts! Well no one said simple had to be boring; they are lovely finishes. Welcome back to blogging. Sorry about the chocolate.

Chookyblue...... said...

glad to hear you are on the mend.......no fun being sick..let alone both at the same time....
goodluck with the computer.....

Terry said...

I'm so sorry you were sick but I'm glad you're better now. Be brave and get the computer...we're never too old to learn new stuff! lol Happy New Year! :0)

Snoodles said...

Hope you will soon be back at 100%! Love the quilt tops you have made, just gorgeous!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Wow! So sorry you two were sick. So far all four of my grandkids have had Covid. Now my daughter and her husband have it. I'll be holding my breath on Monday. I have to go get some bloodwork.

Your projects look great! Feel better.

Carol said...

Gee, Barb, I hope your sense of taste comes back soon! I can't imagine not wanting chocolate, but I understand what you're saying. A friend of mine who had Covid used to love his beer but he can't stand it now (I'm sure he's better off that way). I love your projects--the fabrics you used for the Jump Rings quilt are really cute!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm so sorry you and your husband have been sick - at the same time no less! That had to have been extra tough.

Needled Mom said...

Oh Barb! That did not sound like a Funtime. You’re always supposed to get sick at different times!!! I hope you are on the road to recovery and that the chocolate will soon taste good to you again. So many people seem to be getting Covid lately. I think it’s only a matter of time.

Your stitching looks beautiful, as usual. Wonderful fabrics!

Keeping my fingers crossed about the computer. The only bad part of a new computer is getting it up and running to your likes. 😬

QuiltGranma said...

Welcome back. My advice, accept gladly the computer that your son is offering you. (lucky you, my computer is around 9 years old, and could sure use one without the glitches this old baby has!)

Kathleen said...

Glad you are back to blogging, but sorry to hear about the illnesses that have visited you. I hope they are all gone now and you can get back to having fun in the sewing room. Hope your son gets that new-old computer to you soon!

Marie said...

Hi Barb, So sorry to hear are all the feeling bad, it is no fun!!! Hope you all have recovered by now ! How is the computer situation at this time?? I know my kids and grands have newer than mine. Please resend me your address, I promise I won't misplace it again I have been trying to get more organized and that is a job in itself. I did so much better with the kids at home than now. Look forward to hearing from you. Many hugs, Marie