Saturday, June 15, 2019

LIFE'S SIMPLE PLEASURES


Image result for poem about life's simple pleasures


A few weeks ago my cousin text me on facebook and told me of a gal getting rid of her fabric stash.

Needless to say it didn't take me long to get in contact with her.

She was charging 10 dollars for whatever you could fit into a laundry basket (ones she purchased at the dollar store).  

So I picked up my cousin and we drove to her home.  Sorry to say that most of the "Good Stuff" as the owner put it was gone.

POOEY

I did manage to find several yardages and a lot of remnants bigger than fat quarters.

I filled up three baskets then put them all in this tub.




Then she asked if I was interested in zippers,  She was selling them for 50 cents a piece.  Was I interested?  She could probably tell by the slobber on my chin that that was a silly question.


Life simple pleasures for sure.


Then I went to an antique store here in town looking for my mother some crochet patterns and came across these two books for a dollar a piece.  


Yep....life simple pleasures.


Aren't these threads just delicious?


For my Island Batik project in July I purchased these beautiful threads off Amazon.

Just love the Aurifil colors


I have had these little items finished, for some reason my camera put a blue tint to them.
This is part of my Fancy Forest project using Flea Market fabric by Island Batik.

I have part of another hedge hog done and then two butterflies left to to and then I can put it all together.

YEA ME!!




8 comments:

Barbara said...

Reminds me of my daughter in law who has an uncanny knack for finding treasures at a bargain price. Great haul!

Barbara said...

PS...LOVE the hedgehog!!

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like you had a successful day!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Not too shabby for missing the "good stuff" though.

Gene Black said...

I have to be really careful with buying fabric like that. I could easily run myself out of the house.
And you probably know that I buy zippers by the meter (little more than a yard) when I go to Mexico. But fifty cents a piece for those was a nice price.
I rarely find quilting books for a dollar. Great find!

I am curious to see what you do with those threads.

KaHolly said...

Yea you, indeed! You scored big time! I returned from Texas with a copy of that pattern, now on my lengthy to do list!

JJ said...

Love a bargain wish it had been while I was there.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Sounds like a great day! Good for you. Love your hedgehog. You are being more productive than me!