Thursday, February 21, 2019

FANCY FOREST BY ELIZABETH HARTMAN


The beginnings of FANCY FOREST



I have the DELIGHTFUL DESERT by Elizabeth Hartman as well but I really really liked the bunnies in this one.

It would be nice to make the larger quilt but I am starting out small because we all know it might end up in the UFO pile is I go larger.....  sad to say.

This is so much fun, like putting a puzzle together.

I am using Island Batik fabrics "Flea Market" and the 5" stash builders that came in my new box.

The 2" strips are perfect for this project (except if you need larger pieces and that is where the 5" strip stash builders comes in).

Can I just say, I am looooooving this.

------------------------------

DUST OFF A QUILT BOOK BLOG HOP IS GOING ON AS WE SPEAK
HERE IS THE LINE UP:

Monday Feb 18th
Turid at densyendehimmel
Pamela at Pamelaquilts
Selina at Selinaquilts
Kathleen at Kathleenmcmusing

Tuesday Feb 19th
Jennifer at curlicuecreations
Stephanie at stephjacobsondesigns
Kathy at Kathysquilts
Shasta at high road quilter
Theresa at bumbleberrystitches


Wednesday Feb 20th
Sharon at Vrooman’s quilts
Suzy at Websterquilt
Nancy at patchworkbreeze
Karrin at karrinscrazyworld
Denise at craftraditions

Thursday Feb 21st
Leanne at Devoted Quilter
Jennifer at Dizzyquilter
Lee Anne at Podunk Pretties
Lyndsey at Sew Many Yarns

Friday Feb 22nd
Bea at Beaquilter
Barbara at Bejweledquilts
Marian at seams to be sew

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

I made up the fancy forest quilt ( baby size) using my own hand dyed fabric for 99% of it. I used a store bought black for bits and pieces.
I used the fox from that pattern to make 2 dozen or so foxes and laid them out in a maze type of pattern No 2 where alike except 1 pair and 1 I made cross-eyed. Now I have her dragon pattern laying here loking at me to get my but in gear and make

QuiltShopGal said...

Love your bunnies too! Going to be adorable with those yummy batiks.

Jocelyn said...

Very cute!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I love the pattern. I made some of the animals to make a baby quilt.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I have the Delightful Desert one but haven't attempted to make it yet. I have always loved Fancy Forest. The batiks really look awesome!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Barb oh what cute forest animals i love the bunnies too,hope your day is a good one my friend xx

West Michigan Quilter said...

Looking so cute!

Needled Mom said...

That is on my "someday" list. I LOVE that pattern. Your blocks are so cute.