Wednesday, November 14, 2018

SIMPLE PINEAPPLE BLOCK


I saw this video on facebook and just had to make a square 

You will have to forgive this first video, I couldn't get it off my blog....you want the second video.
         

Simple Pineapple block is what you want.


I didn't stop with just a square, I kept going as long as I found fabric big enough to keep going.


As you see, I used my Island Batik Scraps.

This turned out to be a 38" square

The next is the quilt I made with the curved ruler using Paisley Dots fabric by Island Batik and 
various fat eights for the squares by Island Batik as well.

                                                       If you want to know more, go here:


Now I am working on a Charity Project.

I used the Cancer Ribbon format by Craftistitch - these designs are free.


Once again I used Paisley Dots by Island Batik


I used the Island Stacks


Island Stacks are equivalent to the Layer Cakes but Island Batik makes these.


I love how they have turned out.



My only problem is, how I am going to put them together?


                                             I suppose I will have to think on it for a while.


            In the mean time have a fabulous day and stay warm...it is in the 30's here in Texas.

7 comments:

Gene Black said...

HI Barb. Your work looks lovely. I will have to try out that pineapple block technique.
It is cold here today even though the thermometer says 47 degrees, it feels much colder. (it is also raining again, sigh.)

Barbara said...

Wow, that video shows the process very well. The block is wonderful, and now I know how you get so much done. Somehow, you do everything at warp speed!

Needled Mom said...

Those are nice projects, Barb. I especially like the one done with the curved ruler. Those are such pretty ribbons too.

KaHolly said...

You’ve accomplished a lot! Isn’t it fun to play with scraps and try new things? Lovely ribbon blocks. It appears they are bordered. Why not just sew them together like that? Each border is a different color and it would be pretty.

Kathleen said...

Love that first block tutorial! Why don't we do them this way all the time?????

beaquilter said...

your ribbon blocks look great! smack some sashing between them and finish it ;)
Already said your other quilt is cool and fun when it's all scraps!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Great projects Barb. I'm sure you will find a beautiful way to put them together. You always have a good head for that. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.