Monday, September 3, 2018

UNVEILING OF MY NEW MACHINE


Juki HZL-F600 Full Sized Computer Sewing and Quilting Machine


I did not even start out wanting a Juki.  I have heard nothing but good things about juki's and when we left the Janome Shop in Texarkana, I just went on line and searched out what I was looking for.  



The below picture is the reason I purchased this Juki besides the price tag.


See the number six?  Just a tap of the button.  My Pfaff you enter in two numbers and truly it was no big deal to do this.  The Janome I was looking at you had to punch in, well...let's say I stopped counting when he hit the button more than four times.  I just want to go from one to the other.


Here is a practice pillow top, using my Island Batik Fabrics, of course.

I chose one of my patterns that would use every feature I would need.  The quilting on this is fabulous, the stitches look great.  The thread did not break, that was a great big plus.

My pfaff the presser foot just goes down automatically, that is a nice feature.  This one you have the lever in the back.  Still no big deal, I just put the knee lift on and well...there you have it.

I do not need or want the decorative stitches, nor did I want a machine that does straight stitch only.  I just need the straight stitch, blanket stitch, and quilting abilities.  There you have it.

I love the lighting on this machine, the table that comes with it.  I folded a piece of fabric eight times and it just hummed over it. 

Simple.


With every machine there is a learning curve and once that is over we will sing songs of love.

Still love my pfaff but will be selling her.

What machines do I have left?

Juki
Pfaff embroidery machine
Pfaff (lifestyle)
Nicce
White serger.

My daughter in law asked me how many machines do I need.  One day I will answer that question without rolling my eyes.

So what do you have and what is your favorite.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This is the last week of "The Great Outdoor" blog hop, still time to win amazing fabrics, thread, patterns, tutorials, etc.


WEEK 1

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

Monday, August 20 – Ocean Odyssey
Toby LischkoKaren Overton
Thursday, August 23 – Dragonfly Dreams
Inchworm FabricsBeaQuilter

WEEK 4

WEEK 5

Tuesday, September 4 – Whatnot
heARTS CreationsSlice of Pi Quilts

6 comments:

Annie said...

Enjoy your new machine, Barb! I hope I never need to replace my 25 year old Bernina 1230. It is a workhorse and it takes everything I throw at it.

KaHolly said...

Happy New Machine!

Sheila said...

Congrats on the new machine , I've always been interested in a juki but we have no dealers in this area . Looks like the perfect machine!

Gene Black said...

I have seven or eight machines. My favorites are the Janome 6600P (note, I don't do a lot of blanket stitch so I didn't notice that I would need to hit "mode" and "35" to get it.)
and my Babylock Espire. I got both new. The Babylock cost more than your Juki, but the deal I got on the Janome was probably less than your Juki.

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on the Juki! That is the model I have and I love mine.

Phyllis in Iowa said...

I collect, restore and use vintage and antique sewing machines. My newest machine is probably 15 years old and my oldest is more than 150 years old. When asked how many sewing machines I own, I answer "More than ten" and smile.