Friday, August 24, 2018

"NOWHERE BUT TEXAS"

I have had this pattern for years, I purchased it while in America Samoa.



I did the center while in Samoa, to give you an idea of how long it has been, I have been gone from Samoa for eight years.   (sorry needs to be ironed)




My husband and I have been keeping our grandson a lot.  While he takes a nap I have been making squares.  I had planned to sew at night but my gosh this one granny is tired when it comes to night time.

The Texas Flag


   This square I cheated on.  I just used a bluebonnet fabric instead of making the actual bluebonnet with needle turn.


                                                   It just isn't Texas without a Longhorn.



                                                   Gotta have a cowboy hat!




                                                                    Cowboy boot!!


This is the block I am working on now.


I am trying to stay focused but I have so many other things I need to get done as well. 

All I can say is one day...ONE DAY I will get this quilt done!!

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Great work in spite of being a Granny and tired at night. Bluebonnet fabric works for me!

Rhonda said...

Love these blocks. Sometimes it takes awhile to get around to all those goodies we've purchased over the years.

Gene Black said...

Ha ha, eight years - I still have fabric that I got from you when you were in Samoa.

Needled Mom said...

It's hard to find time when you care for little ones. How did we do it when our own were little??? Your blocks look great. It would be hard to choose a favorite, but I love that boot.

Marie said...

Being a Granny is a big job but oh how we love it! I sew enjoy the things you show us, have a beautiful Sunday. Hugs, Marie

Unknown said...

We're can I get a copy of pattern?