Monday, July 30, 2018

SMORGASBOARD



 I love love love hand towels.  I have two overflowing drawers of hand towels (no, I am not ashamed).

All but one have something on them.

I can not have enough of them.

Yes, I am addicted and many times I have to talk myself out of making myself more.

But these you see below were given to me by my daughter in law Mayra and my grandson Matty when they were visiting.




  I would hang them up on the oven handle but someone will use them.

I guess I am not ready yet.

Still at the petting stage.





I am still plugging away at the paper piecing above with an undisclosed amount that I need to do.

The quilt is in the planning stage (not to worry, this Island Batik project is not due til October).  Once I get the 150 I need to make each block, I will have to recalculate for the sashing and borders if that is what I chose to do......all in good time.

All in good time.


Next month, which is right around the corner (time goes way to fast), The Island Batik Ambassadors are having a blog hop and giving away fun prizes.  I have yet decided what I am going to do.


Here is the schedule below.

Get ready for some IN-SPI-RA-TION!!!

Monday, August 6 - All A Flutter - Yellow Cat Quilt Designs, Creative Blonde
Tuesday, August 7 - Birds N’ Bees - Ark Angel Creations, Patterns By Jen
Wednesday, August 8 - Canterbury Manor - Sally Manke, Powered By Quilting
Thursday, August 9 - Eclectic Garden - Desert Bloom Quilting, Sew Karen-ly Created
Friday, August 10 - Vintage Morris - MooseStash Quilting, Devoted Quilter
Monday, August 13 - Safari - Sew Incredibly Crazy, SweetGrass Designs
Tuesday, August 14 - Spring Blossoms - Mary Mack Made Mine, If These Threads Could Talk
Wednesday, August 15 - Victoria and Albert - Bejeweled Quilts, Clever Chameleon
Thursday, August 16 - Wild Things - Freemotion By The River, Kauffman Designs
Friday, August 17 - Petting Zoo - Den Syende Himmel, Sarah Goer Quilts
Monday, August 20 - Ocean Odyssey - Gateway Quilts, The Quilt Rambler
Tuesday, August 21 - British Rose - Busy Hands Quilts, Mania for Quilts
Wednesday, August 22 - Dear William - The Inquiring Quilter, mmm! Quilts, Living Water Quilter
Thursday, August 23 - Dragonfly Dreams - Inchworm Fabrics, BeaQuilter
Friday, August 24 - Fur-ocious Friends - Quilting Affection Designs, Dizzy Quilter
Monday, August 27 - Globetrotter - Pamela Quilts, Curliecue Creations
Tuesday, August 28 - Jungle Cruise - Vicki's Crafts and Quilting, Little Bunny Quilts
Wednesday, August 29 - Lavendula - Carole Lyles Shaw, Masterpiece Quilting
Thursday, August 30 - London Calling - Quilt in a Not-Shell, Lizard Creek Quilting
Friday, August 31 - Spirit Rhythm - Steph Jacobson, Whispers of Yore
Monday, September 3 - Sweet Tweets - Kathleen McMusing, Adventurous Applique and Quilting
Tuesday, September 4 - Whatnot - heARTS Creations, Slice of Pi Quilts

5 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I love hand towels too and just hate it when someone uses one for something that REALLY soils it. The embroidered ones are so sweet.

Suzanne said...

I love linens too, but go more for the handkerchiefs and pillow cases....can't get enough!

barbara woods said...

Hi Barb , you won my Christmas In July giveaway. If you would please send me your mailing address so I can get it to you, so glad you visited. thanks

KaHolly said...

I love hand towels, too, although I don’t collect them! Looks like a fun blog hop! Island Batiks sure keeps you busy!

Gene Black said...

The Island Batik blog hops are always fun.