Thursday, October 19, 2017

CHOO CHOO, GET ON BOARD BECAUSE STANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN!!

My two oldest grandsons are just now discovering Christmas so I thought I would make them a hand towel with this Santa on it.

I had forgotten how big this Santa is, 12 x 12, by fat cat patterns.

I should have waited and gotten a bath towel...Oh well..





Are you wondering why I have that washable stabilizer on it?  I was having issues with my blanket stitch, they were looking like triangles.  I took my stitches out twice.  

Then I had an a ha moment.

If the stabilizer for towels works with the embroidery machine it will work for me.

And it did......doing the little happy dance here.

Now at the risk of repeating my self...Sewer's aid had brought new meaning to my life.  If you only knew the frustrations I was having with my thread breaking with my embroidery machine.

So much so that I haven't used my machine in ages.  Last week after getting the sewer's aid I decided to try it on my threads....  I am in HEAVEN!!!

Made three more of these today.


The outline looks so much better than on the first one I did.

Can you see my Oops in the one below???  I am leaving it.


     I just love these and am so glad I decided to keep going.  All of you gave good advice and I am taking you up on all of it.  Thanks so very very much.


The weather here in Texas is fantastic.....around 40's at night and in the morning you get the chill in the air, by lunch it is warm but not hot.  Just love it.

10 comments:

Needled Mom said...

The Santa and the trains are so cut. I love the Fat Cat designs. I have a bottle of Sewers Aid at each one of my machines. It’s great stuff.

Rhonda said...

Ok Barb, call me behind in everything but what is Sewer's aid?? BTW, those little trains are too cute!

Barbara said...

I’m admittedly clueless when it comes to machine embroidery. I’ve never done it, and will surely never own a machine capable of doing it. But I do appreciate fun images, and to answer your question, Barb, I don’t see the “Oops in the one below”. I actually like that middle one best. The bottom one is cute too with the full face front. Have fun!

Gene Black said...

We are having the same weather here. I will love it more once the furnace repair man comes today and gets my heat to working again!
The trains look great. I can only guess about the "oops" on that one.

QuiltShopGal said...

Nothing more fun at Christmas than to have a joyful child around, full of holiday spirit. I love your machine embroidery project and I do not see any mistake in the block you expressed you had such. I'd keep it too!

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Jacqueline said...

I am playing eye spy trying to find your boo boo but can not spot it.

Unknown said...

Those are super cute. How old are you grand boys?

Lucy said...

Your Santa is cute your grandson will love it. The trains are darling.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Cute work!! Your grands will love their gifts. =)

Jackie's Stitches said...

Such cute things for your grandsons! They will love them!