Wednesday, May 31, 2017

MODERN QUILT FROM A YOUNG GIRLS PICTURE





                                                   This month with Island Batik 
                                                                      IS

                                           Modern Batik

                                                                  I already posted mine

                                                                   Here it is again.

               
                                                 


                                I actually had the design all laid out and blanket stitched on before I saw this cute                                                            young lady with her amazing picture.  (friends of the family)



I said to myself that I wish I had seen this before I did my design for the month.  Then.....I thought

                                                                 Why can't you do two?

                                                                  Life began to happen
                                                                   so I gave up on the idea....

                                                              Until a little window opened up

                                                              and gave me time.



                                         Here is my interpretation of her picture. (sorry about the upside down
                                                       Picture).



I am just waiting to put the binding on but can't decide what color.

Now you can not appreciate this picture unless you see it up close because
it is just a fun fun little quilt. 41" x 41".

I do hope that she will like it.


BELOW ARE THE ISLAND BATIK AMBASSADORS IF YOU WANT TO CHECK OUT THEIR MODERN QUILTS......these are some amazing ladies, very talented.

Desert Bloom Quilting
Freemotion by the River
Seams Like a Dream
Yellow Cat Quilt Designs
Quilting Affection Designs
Inquiring Quilter
Bejeweled Quilts
Sally's Quilting Corner
Inch Worm Fabrics
Kauffman Designs
Moosestash Quilting
Needle & Foot
Beaquilter
Cheryl Lynch Quilts
MaryMack's Blog
heARTs Creations
Kissed Quilts
The Quilt Rambler
Seams To Be Sew
Inspired Layers
Vicki's Crafts and Quilting
Masterpiece Quilting
Fun Threads
Meanderings Along Lizard Creek
Little Bunny Quilts
Webster Quilt
Sophie Junction
Kathy Kwilts and More
Slice of Pi Quilts

5 comments:

julieQ said...

Your interpretation of that young lady's quilt is just awesome!!

Gene Black said...

How wonderful that you interpreted her design in fabrics.

Needled Mom said...

That is fabulous, Barb. She is going to be so thrilled to see it made into a quilt.

KaHolly said...

Excellent! I used to make quilt blocks from my daughter's art work....hmmm, wonder where they ended up! That was quite some time ago! Wait until she sees what you have done!!

Snoodles said...

That is so cool! Love how you interpreted her art! Bravo!