Thursday, June 6, 2013

FREE MOTION QUILTING AND USING MY REGULAR FOOT ON MY PFAFF THAT HAS DUAL FEED

I have had several request for a post, people wondering what I am up too... So here goes..... As you know I am doing a king size quilt for a customer. Here is some of the quilting I have done.


I used my regular foot (dual feed) for the circles and hook and then just stippled around it.

Here I see that I need to go slower when I am in the other loop.
Some of you have seen this....I used my regular foot (actually my applique foot).  Took a long time but was well worth it.
I tried fixing the tension but I think maybe I am going a little too fast in the loop....but you won't see me taking this out.
Here I just did some swirls....boy I love to swirl.  This is the outer border (whohoooooo at the home stretch)
 
 
You all know I have a need for speed when it comes to quilting. 
 
 As you can see, there are places that I need to slow down.  If I was driving a car I would be arrested but......
in my quest for speed I broke my hoping foot....the plastic loop at the bottom....twice I ran over that puppy when it came loose.  I suppose the vibration from the machine loosened the screw.  Pooey.
 
I know I have a darning foot somewhere....but where????  I have my "Big Foot" but it is too high up.  So I am going to play with it to see if I can adjust it to where it will work.
 
Yes, this is the same quilt I ran out of fabric on.......  I was for sure I would be at the binding stage today but as usual I underestimate my time and issues happen.
 
Maybe tonight I can work on it some more and maybe acquire a foot somewhere???  Going to be gone a good portion of the day so...all of you out there
 
have fun and don't try to make any records speeding!

21 comments:

Gene Black said...

I can't imagine how you do that with the dual feed foot. Maybe you should do a video!

Needled Mom said...

Your quilting is beautiful. I love the first picture's look. So sorry about the hopping foot. That is a stop sign in your need for speed.

Jacqueline said...

I love seeing quilting.. it inspires me.

Thanks for sharing

beaquilter said...

are you quilting on a domestic machine? with the mention of different FEET, I'm amazed you can do a king sized on there!! looks great

Tangos Treasures said...

LOL your too funny!!!! I CAN NOT FMQ on my Pfaff to save my life??!! I've tried & tried than tried some more, phooey on it!

suemac said...

That is a whole lot of quilting action going on there. Looks good.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Barb I love what you are doing. Your quilting is beautiful. I've never tried what you did in the first picture...the circles and hook. That is fantastic. Did you do those straight lines in the following picture on your machine on your frame? You are really doing a great job gal!

Snoodles said...

Pedal to the metal! Woot! Great job on your FMQ!

hetty said...

Your quilting looks amazing!

~Laurie~ said...

It all looks good to me! Just be proud that you can do your own quilting! I send mine out to Joanne! I thank God for her every time a quilt comes back!!

SewCalGal said...

You always create such beauty and inspiration. Love to see what you are working on and this project is delightful. But, please know it is ok to take a break. We'll be here, always, when you have time and energy to post.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

I would love to see you do a video using the dual feed to quilt with...you did an amazing job on the quilting.

tich said...

WOW is all I can say!!

Freddie said...

Oooh would love to know how to do that. I have a quilt expression 4. Love the dual feed but I haven't the faintest idea how to do FQM

Jackie's Stitches said...

It looks wonderful Barb! I wish I had 10% of your talent with FMQing!

Wacky Woman said...

You use you dual-feed foot for this? I can't imagine. Looks great!

Sheila said...

Your quilting looks wonderful Barb , that is a lot of quilting!!

Rhonda said...

Barb, you are doing a fantastic job with your quilting. Two thumbs up, I say!!

Betsy said...

I cannot free motion with my dual feed, will u have aTutorial

JJ said...

Nice job.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Well....if you must speed....at least your speeding catchers more than the eye of the police!

Ok...I'm not quite all the way back...but I'm trying.

Kelly