Thursday, July 19, 2012

SEWING ROOM

I just wanted to start off by saying that I do not have my sewing room the way I want it yet and for some reason boxes keep sneaking up to my sewing room.....when will it end?????


So.......Tuesday I prepped 12 Christmas towels which I can't show yet.

Why so early, well...my husband says that if I don't have something to worry about or feel guilty about I am not happy. To prevent myself from worrying, I prepped them and will do them at my leisure.

I also made this one for the reindeer games, I am adding it to the pile of things I am giving away at the end of the games......

Yesterday I meandered these quilts....now the big OOOOOOLLLe mistake

I don't have binding for the one on top...can't find the fabric anywhere. I say POOEY!!!!

I just might bind it in white. Why am I telling you this, so I will remember next time to cut my binding when I have cut my quilt. Maybe I need to put a sticky note up somewhere?


Now where are those sticky notes?

16 comments:

LeAnne said...

Your reindeer is so cute! I love the plaid.

Quilter Kathy said...

Thanks for the smile today... I have the same memory issues! I think I have some of that floral from the Happy fabric by Moda ... now where the heck did I put it?!?!

Carrie P. said...

sweet towel!

Terry said...

I love that top quilt! You could use any of the bright colors in it to bind it! I like the lime green myself! :0)

Sheila said...

Do you have any pieces of fabric left , a pieced binding would look great .Sweet quilt!

JustCindy said...

The towel is so cute! Maybe the binding is in one of the boxes that keep sneaking upstairs. lol I'm glad to see you are sewing.

Snoodles said...

I'm over the top loving your reindeer tea towel....can he come home with me? LOL I think it will be sensational if you bind it in white....just sayin.
I usually need to post a sticky to remind me to look at the sticky note reminders....Heehee!

sandra said...

Hi Barb how about going wild and do a stripe or polka dot in one of the colors in quilt. I think that would look really neat. Blessings Sandra

Sheila said...

Love the little reindeer towel.

Gene Black said...

I would bind it in a bright yellow or maybe a purple to match that flower.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Maybe you could just use another fabric with some of those same colors in it. I personally prefer quilts that aren't too matchy matchy anyways.

QuiltSue said...

Sweet reindeer.

I have learnt the hard way to not only cut, but make the binding when I make the top. Then I keep it rolled up with the top until I am ready to quilt it. As soon as I've done the quilting I sew the binding on. That way I don't lose it, use the fabric for something else or even look at a cut strip and use that for something!

Lynette said...

Fun, fun prints, too. It'd look good with white. :) Good luck with the boxes. Not looking forward to that for myself. It's funny, because as we go looking at houses, with I, my husband, and the daughters roaming different areas, I hear called out: This is your sewing room! lolol!!! One yesterday was really awesome, with a walk-in closet for great storage that had a gable window. The closet had the window!! It was cool. (I'd remove the door so it opened to the whole room.) Too much money, though, for that house.

GerryART said...

Love when I can finish a number of projects.

Love my Bernina 440

hugs

suemac said...

The reindeer is so cute.

QuiltNut Creations said...

Great quilt Barb. I just recently started cutting/preping my binding as soon as I put the borders on my quilt. When the binding is ready, I usually either toss it into a bag and attach it to the quilt or hang it on the hanger with the quilt.

Enjoy your visit with your son.