Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I WAS GONNA!!

I was gonna sandwich this quilt today....
and this quilt....got the backing ready....and was even gonna free motion it....

But.........


Yep...you got it....the "was gonna" flew right out the window when I was chatting via email with Lois from Lois Creates,

I don't know what exactly she said but my mind started reeling....you say for what?


We both were suckered in by Mrs. Kelly from I Have a Notion,

You heard me Kelly, your ears burning!!! Suckered in...yep.....not a nice word is it???? Well...in this case Kelly has made me think outside the box, out of the norm....she wanted us to join the Power Suit challenge (blogger will not let me link to it.....frustration!!!)


So....I am starting with a blank canvas.....some scraps and fat quarters, my challenge fabrics...



trusty drink, those that know me, know I do not drink, I have to make myself drink....so I keep fluids in this container all day and when I pass by it, I take a sip.





Got my slice cards out.....


Mind is going 90 miles a minute.......so LET's CREATE!!!!!


hope you have a great day creating and well...sometimes the gonna's have to go by the wayside...might get to the later.


25 comments:

Yvette said...

Hmmmmmmm, wasn't it you that I was having an email chat with earlier this week about not starting anything new for a bit? ROFLMAO!!!!! Now I won't feel guilty when I cut into a new project later.

Robin Quilts, etc. said...

Can't wait to see what you "Create".

Barbara said...

LOL! Why are we never happy unless we have a pile waiting? LOL!

JustCindy said...

Can't wait to see more of this project. Have fun!

Wacky Woman said...

Oh, I hate when that happens. Mind shifting. Reasons to start something new. Putting aside one project to start something new. More UFOs. Have fun.

SewCalGal said...

I love to see you get into the creative spirit as you always come up with something great. I think I hear your mind clicking away now....creating. Or maybe that is your rotary cutter cutting up fabric. Enjoy!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Rhonda said...

You've got me curious!!!

Frog Quilter said...

How do I make a button like your butterfly button? It wouldn't be like your button but you get the idea (I hope)... Thanks

Joanna said...

I'm intrigued, too. Can't wait to see.

Ivory Spring said...

Sounds really fun. Can't wait to see your creation.

Deanna said...

Cute bowtie (?) quilt. But, it will wait while you create.

Terry said...

Whatever you decide to do today, have fun! :0)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

A creative day! That's the best kind. Can't wait to see what it will be :)

Unknown said...

I'm twirlling new ideas now that I finished quilting the nine patch top that I did last summer. I'm sick of the committment to quilting the tops that I should have done in the winter.
It's amazing the thought processes isn't it?

Twisted Quilts said...

Sounds very interesting. Don't you love it when those juices kick in?

Fiona said...

Ooooh... can't stop creative when the urge comes!!
Hugz

Susan said...

You have to watch out for that Kelly...she'll get you into trouble every time! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Janet said...

What fun and that's what it's all about. I'm fascinated by what you're going to make.

Crispy said...

I'm really wondering what this challenge is all about. I didn't see a reference when I popped over to Kelley's blog but I may have too much sleep in my eyes yet. I hope you finish this soon so I don't die of curiosity LOL.

Crispy

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

It's so easy top get sidetracked lol.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Whatca' going do?

Lynette said...

Wait - what are slice cards? :) I'll have to watch what you do and find out!

Carolyn said...

This is interesting! I can't wait to see what you're up to now. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity. You go girl! Hugs...

Julia said...

Can't wait to see what your gonna do now!
Go Barb!
Julia

sewfunquilts said...

You must be having too much fun! Lots of projects....