Sunday, July 24, 2011

From the high seventies to high nineties

Some of you saw that I was cold in Seattle, but when we got to Moses Lake where my sister lives it was in the seventies...such awesome weather. Then this evening when we stepped off the plane we got a blast of what everyone had been talking about 97 degrees.....I know that it was way over that for you and a cold front is coming through but well.....it was a change from where we were.

There is only one thing left to say

WELCOME HOME BEJEWLED AND MR. BEJEWELED...WELCOME HOME!!!


So before I left, Robin from Robin Quilts, etc sent me this awesome covered notebook...I have never seen this notebook cover before and I just love it. Thanks Robin!!!


When I got back a package from Cyndi of Bluebird's Wing
was waiting for me( I forgot to show the pretty note card)...but look at all of the fun goodies...my husband thought the moda package was candy and grabbed it out of the bag.....I have to laugh now but I was kinda irritated with him when he did it.....gave me great delight to tell him that it was not candy....HA!! You all know where our priorities are....



I got these goodies at the quilt store near my sister's home...can't remember the name. I also purchased a piece of fabric but that is a surprise for someone.




Then I raided my sister's store...she gives a family discount and it is not the five finger kind either but she is very generous. This is Moda's Fandangle....trust me when I tell you that these fabrics are awesome, they are more bright than what you see here or in her shop. I will have to say she has some really good prices and it would be worth your time to go and check out her shop Inchworm fabrics





I also got these from her shop.....and well....I took all of the butterflies and most of the flowers....once again, alot prettier when you see them in person.....I am tooo tired to go and retake these pictures (yes, that is a whine)



A panel my niece Toni wanted....and I believe these panels are six dollars in Inchworm Fabric's shop



Then I had her order me some go dies.......I am dancing as we speak. These are the smaller tumbler and drunkard's path. I want so badly to dip into these dies but I have been gone a week. There are alot of have tos.....I have alot of wanna's and gonna's but those are gonna have to wait until I get the have tos done. One of which is picking my mother up in Delaware......


One of the wanna's is coming by and visiting your blogs, I did try to keep up while I was away as much as I could.....

23 comments:

JustCindy said...

Welcome home! I hope you had a wonderful visit with your sister. So many goodies. Love the notebook and all those scissors. lol

Jackie's Stitches said...

Welcome back! Lovely fabric!

Yvette said...

You made out like a bandit! Great new dies and the fabrics are really pretty. I need to go check out that store. I really DON'T need to but I will. ;)

Wacky Woman said...

Nice loot Barb. You lucky girl. No new blogs from me; busy with company, who right now are at a very busy So. Cal. beach.

Winona said...

Welcome home. I would love 70's. It has been over 100* every day for 2 weeks here. I'm just so sick of heat and humidity. You got some awesome fabrics from your sister's shop. Also great gifts.

Hands Sew Full said...

Welcome back home! Gosh you picked up some very pretty things while you were away! I just bought the smaller tumblers and the drunkards path too. I think I must have got the big version of that though because it is huge! I was quite surprised when it arrived, oh well, I am sure I will find something to do with it! Have fun!

onlymehere said...

I would melt in heat like that! I'm a cool (not cold) weather gal myself. Love the new fun fabrics too! Welcome home!

Lynn said...

Welcome home! Looks like you had a fun trip.

QuiltSue said...

Welcome home. You brought some lovely souvenirs back with you too.

Crispy said...

Welcome Home!! How fun to come home to such good mail and love the fabrics you picked up while gone :0)

Crispy

Cyndi said...

Hey Barb! So happy that you and hubby had a great trip but made it safely back home! Wow, you did get some great fabrics at your sister's shop. I'm definitely going to have to go check that out - not that I need any more fabric, but that's not the point! :o) Enjoy your gifts, too. That's so funny that V thought it was candy! Should have sent some for him, but as hot as it's been, I thought it would melt!

I'll write soon!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Deanna said...

Yes, you definately should take the time to get your mothers. Then, right away, get to work on all that fun fabric!

Jocelyn said...

So glad you are home. Sometimes being away makes for more catching up when we get home ;-)

pajudie said...

Glad you had a good trip and welcome home. The fabrics look wonderful!! Are you coming up to PA for Quilt Odyssey in Hershey this coming weekend (7/29,30)? If so, let me know and maybe we can meet in person :o)
Judie

Susan Entwistle said...

Oooh, you lucky lady...I've always wanted to make something black and yellow. Love the new fabrics. Glad to see you also got some new dies. Welcome home...enjoy the heat!

Tangos Treasures said...

Welcome home!!!! Nice gifts & fabrics!!

hetty said...

Glad you made it safely home. That's some great fabric you got there! I love the yellow and black!

Unknown said...

What wonderful gifts you have, my dear! Love the fabrics from your sister's...I will have to stop there on my way to Seattle next time.
You are going to have such fun when you catch up!

Rosa said...

Welcome.Wonderful gift and fabrics.

Joanna said...

What a hawl! Such pretty things, and the GO! dies look interesting. Guess you enjoyed your travels.

Needled Mom said...

Glad that you had a great trip and returned with lots of great goodies. Are you ready to return for some of that cooler weather?

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Welcome Home, To AC blowing and ice cream melting! Looks you did indeed have a great time!

quilary said...

Lovely lot of goodies. I have a similar pair of the pink scissors and the same black and white stork ones - I feel like a real sewer/sewist with those stork scissors in my hand :)