Sunday, November 8, 2009

CHERRY HOUSE QUILTS Request for Quilts.

Before any of you read this, let me explain that this is not my post. I got confused when I read this on a blog and thought it was that blog owners post...she had just put on her blog the post from Cherrie's blog.

I have a son in the military, I grew up on Ft. Hood. I have friends in Ft. Hood. I met my husband in Ft. Hood. Lots of memories and lots of sadness right now. At the present I do not have a quilt to send but I will try to get one up this week....notice I said try. I know alot of you have been so busy with me but if you have an extra quilt laying around????

We do what we can do and wish we can do something to help everyone but sometimes it is not in our power.....so do what you can and if you can't....no worries because we all know your heart was in the right place.


Cherry House quilts request for Quilts

By know, I am sure the entire world is aware of the tragedy at Fort Hood in Killeen, Texas. My son is Spc. Luke House, command executive assistant, STB, III Corp, at Fort Hood, and was working yesterday when the horrible events transpired. I thank God with all my heart that he was not harmed or injured, but I am so saddened about the lives that will be forever devastated by what happened.

What can we do to help? Quilts. We can comfort them with quilt.

I would like to gather 31 quilts to provide for the soldiers that were wounded yesterday. Currently the wounded are divided between three hospitals in the Fort Hood/Killeen areas.

Would you help? Do you have a quilt to spare?

If you do, please leave a comment, or email me at cherryhousequilts at gmail dot com

I would like to do this as soon as possible...I will provide an address to ship the quilts to, and we will get them to the Fort Hood Chaplain, who will deliver these to the wounded in the hospitals.

Thank you,

Cherri

Just click on the highlighted area of this post and it will take you to her blog.

1 comment:

chq said...

Dear Barbara,

Thank you for sharing this, and spreading the word.

Cherri