Tuesday, April 17, 2018

SLANTED HALF HEX QUILT WITH JENN!Y

                

When I saw this tutorial I just had to do this quilt.  I have the larger hex template but I thought I would use the smaller one to use up some of my Island Batik Scraps (joke is on me, they keep multiplying).


This is my little container after I cut my half hexies.


Here is my quilt.


I decided not to make it too large because I know my time constraints and I did not want another UFO.

The border Island Batik fabric I ordered at Missouri Star Quilt company...no, I am not affiliated with them in any way just love their fast delivery and awesome prices.

I worked on it off and on all day yesterday in between dishes, cleaning bathrooms, sweeping etc.

I had a hard time figuring out how many hexies I needed for each row.  Since it was on a slant my mind was not able to see it.  To solve this problem I just drew a line down each side as I did a new row.  There is some waste and to be honest, I enjoyed making this quilt but doubt I will make another, too complicated when it came to adding rows and cutting, at least for my small brain.

14 comments:

Barbara said...

The pace of your quilt-making always amazes me! You see something you like, take a bowl off scraps you may have, and voila,...it’s done! Btw, I love the border!

Gene Black said...

I certainly see what you mean about laying it out. I think if I had a big design wall to put it all on prior to sewing it would work out for me. But doing it on a table would probably make me a bit crazy.

It is lovely in the Island Batiks, though.

swooze said...

Acrylic template? I like it!

Needled Mom said...

lol. Brain work is so tiring. It looks great.

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

Beautiful quilt

Tangos Treasures said...

I love it!!!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Looks awesome!

works4me said...

Lovely. Well done.

Kathleen said...

Very nice use of those scraps. They seem to multiply at night, along with the dust bunnies. What is up with that?

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I love the batiks against the light fabric. I think when we start digging through our scrappy bits we tend to fluff them up so it looks like there is more at the end than when we started. I've never enjoyed making on point or side slanting quilt designs because like you said it's too much brain work. Most days I just want simple and easy.

cocoya said...

Looks awesome!
HolidayPalace

KaHolly said...

It sure is pretty!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

A lovely quilt! I really like your border, nice use of batiks!

Anonymous said...

What's up to every , as I am actually eager of reading this blog's post
to be updated daily. It contains pleasant stuff.