Wednesday, October 18, 2017

YES? NO? MAYBE?

The day before yesterday I worked on these.....



Sewer's Aid was suggested to me for my thread breakage.  I was thrilled to get this product and try it out.  It worked on everything but the large Sulky Threads.....don't know what is up with that but I am pleased anyways.

Today I decided to do some more embroidery but this time work on some trains.  As I was picking out my threads, I thought...if I remember correctly when I did up one of these trains a while back, the black thread that details everything was not in sync with the overall project.  Hummmm...well...I thought, maybe it was just that one train???  So on I went.



While the machine was running and my thread a humming (no breakage) I pulled out my red box, see it to the side of this picture.

It has all of my sketches for my patterns, and future patterns, and flops.  I decided to go through it while my machine was at work.



Notice the trash can, it is full.....some projects I had planned to do did't quite make it, some I couldn't figure out what I had planned, just a bunch of scribbles....

Needless to say, it was a Hummmmm should I keep it?  Should I throw it away?  Or is it a maybe?

My box is lighter but not that organized but more so than it was.



This is what I finished.  See the outline over the front of the train...it is too far out...I was so disappointed....  So, should I continue and make more trains knowing that the outline doesn't not match or should I scratch it and go on to something else?  Yes?  No?  Maybe?

11 comments:

KaHolly said...

How disappointing! I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and would probably move on.

Barbara said...

Guess I’m not a good one to weigh in but I don’t see anything wrong. It’s cute!

Rhonda said...

I say keep it & carefully darken the space between with a permanent marker maybe?

Gene Black said...

Hmmmm...is the train a purchased design? I might contact the digitizer and see if there is a corrected version of the file.

Needled Mom said...

I’ve had that happen too. That is when I use the permanent colored pens. It is a cute design and you are probably the only one who would know. Glad the Sewers Aid helped.

Betsy said...

If you can remember who the digitizer is ,email them see if they can correct it.

Susan R. said...

I know nothing about machinery embroidery. However, I think that for all the thread used in something like this you would want it perfect. Is the outlining something that you can fix in the settings?

Rebecca said...

Working only from one picture it looks fine and remember The only person who looks that close is the one who makes it. I also know that when I step back from a project for a week or so when I look at it again I do not notice the "whoppps"as much

Snoodles said...

It's just me, but I think I would keep going....it is such a cute embroidery!

beaquilter said...

the train looks fine, but I see what you mean, did you use the right stabilizer? what company did you get the train from? try again and if the 2nd one does it too then ditch it all.

kc said...

It's always disappointing when the registration is off at the very end, no less. This could be a result of not enough stabilization or poor digitizing. Either one is correctable, but it could be challenging. As others have suggested, get yourself some good permanent fabric markers, and a thin pointed black Sharpy and have at it. Maybe try using iron-on stabilizer and a basting box around your design at the start, and you may be able to lessen or avoid the space all together. Good luck!