Monday, June 26, 2017

WHAT DOES "FAT CAT PATTERNS" AND ISLAND BATIK HAVE IN COMMON????

CHICKENS!!!




                                                 LOTS AND LOTS OF CHICKENS!!!


          If you have read any previous post, I am doing a (secret) chicken quilt for my husband)

.  

Hence the bad quality photos, had a piece of material to throw over them in case he came in.


 Which he did while writing this post...causing me a heart attack.....not good when one is over fifty....



Some of them need eyes but I so love them.  I love using the Island Batik fabrics (of course you do Barbara, of course you do......smiling shamefully here).  Here is the link to Fat Cat Patterns, she has a lot of free patterns that You will totally love.

I have been doing these after he goes to bed, make sure he is snoring, and then I drown myself in my Island Batik Scrap bin.  It takes more time prepping these chickens than it does to blanket stitch around them.

Seven more to go.....  Probably won't have these done by his birthday in a few weeks but that is ok.....

9 comments:

Calicojoan said...

Love them!

Chookyblue...... said...

Love them too......

Gene Black said...

Even if it isn't "done" by his birthday, you can show him how much you have gotten done and he will be really surprised.
Ya gotta love batik chickens.

AnnieO said...

Very cute chickens. Love your chicken wire background! Hope he is surprised 😁

Karen in Breezy Point said...

The chickens are all so fun--lots of plucky personality!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

So cute Barb! He's going to love it!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Love the last one the best with his chest all bowed out. Like the guys in my family thinking they are all that..LOL

Rhonda said...

Whew!!! So glad hubby didn't see his surprise. Love the blocks.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

These blocks are really special and what a beauty it will be all together.