Wednesday, March 22, 2017

TREASURE SHOPPING - Antique quilt squares


Today I was driving by the local antique shop (junk shop) and saw some benches so I decided to stop.

Didn't buy the benches but get a load of these quilt squares....



There are 24 of them.   Only cost me five dollars.  There was no price tag so the owner of the store tried to call the lady but no answer.  So I left my name and number.

While doing so the lady who owns these squares came in.  Can you believe that?

What luck!!!!

We asked her how much and she kinda scrunched up her face and said....five dollars like that would be too much!!!  I was willing to pay  more but she said she just wanted to get rid of them.  So no, I was not taking advantage of her, (had a comment telling me I was taking advantage of her)



These fabrics are really old, I am guessing around the 1930's with just one square with some age spots.

Can I say SCORE????



Aren't these glasses just the cat's meow???

I had to decide whether I should sneak these glasses in the house or just fess up to it.
Those of you who have read my blog know that I love love love dishes.
Can't get enough of them.

I decided to just come out with it.

Picture this.....my husband comes through the door as I am washing them.
I give a faint smile like the cat who ate the canary.
My husband just smirks and rolls his eyes like you have got to be kidding me.

He is really thinking


are you nutzzzzzzz

I can only agree with him.   I will say that I did give a nice set of dishes to my newest daughter in law, so I am thinning things out...HA!!!!! HA!!!!

8 comments:

KaHolly said...

I never find such cool treasures! Good score!

Gene Black said...

Score!!!!
I have some glasses like that but mine are blue. I love the texture when holding them. And if you gave away a set of dishes, then surely you are allowed a few glasses to fill that spot- right?

Denice Barker said...

Your quilt squares are a great find! Lucky you to find them and pay so little for them. Yes, the 30s.

swooze said...

You know it's not a problem unless it's a problem.

QuiltShopGal said...

LOL. Actually, I think those glasses are absolutely perfect for a beverage in your pavilion, while viewing the lake. And, you definitely SCORED on those blocks. Glad you stopped. What a find.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Snoodles said...

Love those vintage squares! SCORE!!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So lucky to get those squares...I love them. And the glasses are gorgeous. My kind of shopping!

FunThreads Designs said...

Score! My best friend will be here from Seattle next week. We'll be treasure hunting too. Can't wait.