Saturday, September 24, 2016

BRINGING IN THE FALL WITH "BOUNTIFUL TABLE TOPPERS" USING ISLAND BATIK FABRICS

                                    


                                     Bountiful Table Toppers Graphic

This month has been a continuation of last month which means getting even one project done is a success.

                                          We got our new box of fabrics from Island Batik


                                                    All I can say is YUMMY!!!!

                       For my Bountiful Table Topper I chose yellows, browns and greens.
                       From my Island Batik Bountiful Basket of fabrics!!


                                      This is what I came up with!  Which doesn't have a name.


Talking about racking one's brain....oh my gosh.  I have fretted, I have worried and even tried different things but nothing I did worked out or made my heart sing......until

                                      I certainly didn't want to waste any of my gorgeous fabics.

                     

As you can see, I finally came up with something that I felt was worthwhile and it is now sitting on the bar in my kitchen.  Just matches perfectly.  My husband just called from the kitchen and said how pretty he thought it was.... (singing heart).

This topper measures  18 1/2" x 28", just perfect for the bar.

I used my Accuquilt Go cutter with the FUN FLOWER DIE # 55334 and the
 ROUND FLOWER # 55007 (for the center of the flower).

Two 1/4 yards fabric for the circles and the flowers, and 3 - 2  1/2  strips from selvage for the binding.

The blanket stitch was used to edge the applique and wonderful Heat N Bond for my fabric adhesive.

Now I am ready for cooler weather, what about you?

I noticed that a few other ambassadors posted their runners today.....


here are a few others



There will be more.......but these are the ones I know of.

12 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

Very interesting design and certainly works well with these yummy fabrics. Great job. Of course, I hope you one day turn it into a pattern.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Susan said...

Beautiful! I love it!

KaHolly said...

Gorgeous, as always! XO

Gene Black said...

Great job, Barb. That is a lot of applique!

Barbara said...

Looking at the runners helped me! My group for swapping mini-quilts decided to do table runners for October, and I wasn't feeling it. But I have some ideas now. Yours is beautiful!

beaquilter said...

Looks great and I think our kitchen counter has the same marble!

Needled Mom said...

That is beautiful, Barb. I love the design and the colors you used.

Annie said...

Barb, your topper is a Fall delight! I love batiks too. You've come up with a great design. And when a man notices, then you've obviously done good!

andsewon said...

I am not a big batik fan but this runner is wonderful. Lovely!! Great design!!!
Lola

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your design reminds me of The Alhambra. The flowerettes, and lovely curves.

Marie said...

Hey Barb, love the table runner , I am a big fan of runners!!How is your sister's recovery, I have been in tought about her and the distress of the flooding. Take care, Hugs, Marie

Pam Geisel - For Quilts Sake said...

Nice!