Friday, May 20, 2016

SUNBONNET SUE AND OVERALL SAM


Last night it took me four hours just gathering fabrics, cutting, and fusing the Sun Bonnet Sue to the background fabric.  





Haven't fused the Sams yet.



Here they are here waiting.  My Accuquilt Go made short work of cutting these out.



These are the border fabrics for these quilts.  These two are for twin boy and girl.
I purchased these fabric from Connecting Threads when they had them on sale.  I really do like their fabrics and I especially like it when I can get a good sale.



Made these bowl potholders for a friend.  You can find the patterns online for free or on craftsy.



12 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes.. I do love getting nice fabrics at a great price.

Jeanne said...

Looking forward to seeing the Sunbonnet quilt! Your bowls are great, too.

beaquilter said...

I love their fabrics too!! and got these too even some of the chevron I think! the blue and red dotted I helped my daughter make PJs (she just sewed part of the pants, I sewed the rest!

Snoodles said...

Love the fabrics! Going to be so cute. I need to make some of those bowl holders - I bet your friend will enjoy those!

Rhonda said...

Love your Sunbonnet Sues! It fun choosing fabrics. Hours can be lost in that area.

AnnieO said...

Wonderful prints, very cute! Love your bowls too.

KaHolly said...

Oh, Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam! That takes me back! I've made my fair share and never tired of them! Too cute!

Needled Mom said...

Those are going to make darling quilts. I really like those bowls too. I need to make some for use around here.

Marie said...

Love your blocks, Have started those many times and then put them away, now to find them again and be busy. the bowls are really neat. Hugs, Marie

QuiltShopGal said...

Great bowl potholders, which you've definitely inspired me to want to make. But such cute Sunbonnet Sue & Overall Sam applique'. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with them. I'm sure what ever you create will be beautiful.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

This is going to make a cute quilt! Using the AccuQuilt sure makes it fast and easy doesn't it!

Missy Shay said...

I love your Sunbonnet Sues and Sams! I want to make one of these quilts some day.