Thanks for joining the Accuquilt Go Cutter Spring Hop.
The dies I used were
- 2 1/2 " die (sashing and binding)
- hexagon die (flower vase)
- circle die (flower vase)
- flower die (flower vase, stems, flowers and leaves)
- Rose of Sharon die (flowers)
(here). I thought it was my idea first but I was wrong and didn't know it....
so....when I did the applecore vase, I contacted several people to make sure no one else thought of it. If they have and you know about it, let me know, but as far as I know, this is my original idea.
As you can see, it is just two applie cores, one on top of the other. I cut off the top and put it in the bottom arc. You can just cut off the top and cut across the arc and make it straight it you want Either way is just fine.
I did not notice until now that my vase is a little crooked. Pooey!!
While cutting these, I did not use steam a seam, I am so stingy that I didn't want to waste any on mistakes or just trying to design.....so....I had to glue the pieces on. I have seen some people do this and I must say that I don't like this way of applique, to me it is not a neat (as in presentation) and sometimes is hard to applique. That is just my opinion.
I also used straight stitching to quilt it.....
Forgive the imperfections. I think if I were to do this again, I would not try to mitre the corners in the middle square. That caused alot of problems.
I also use the glue method for the binding and I so love it but still need more practice at getting it perfect. Yes, still seeking perfection but not there yet.....
Don't forget to go to Sew Cindys'
The schedule for the rest of the week is on the sidebar.