Friday, December 15, 2017

HAPPY TABLE SCRAPS






As most of you know this months theme for Island Batik Ambassadors is Table Scraps.  My original post is just below this one.

Well...in preparing for my January theme project for Island Batik Ambassadors using Alpine Jingle fabric, I had some left over scraps from the fabric I had cut and used fabric adhesive on.  I hate wasting those little scraps if I can't help it.  So I had cut out all of these hearts with my Accuquilt Go cutter.

Then what to do with them???




I love this little runner measuring 31 1/2" x 16 1/2"


Here is a close up.   I wanted the stitching to show up.  What I did was put the table runner together before I stitched down the hearts with my machine.

I divided the runner up in  3" squares, took embroidery floss and just went to town.

I used my machine to go around the red sashing and outside of the runner.

I even put the binding on before I did the hearts.

I did the hearts in stolen moments between running around or cleaning.

Well....I love it so much that I thought I would hand stitch my January quilt for Island Batik.

AM I CRAZY!!!!


Just started stitching on it last night.  I am going to make a run for it.

It is just that I have an idea in my head, even now the idea is not panning out.  I want the stitches to show like in the heart runner but I am taking too small of stitches.....  So...may go back to square one?

Here are some of the project the Island Batik Ambassadors have done so far:

Stephanie  https://quiltnparty.com/2017/12/13/island-batik-tabletopper/









Linda  https://inspiredlayerslinda.wordpress.com/2017/12/06/scrappy-table-topper/

Vicki  http://knitbug2.blogspot.com/2017/12/its-blue-blue-christmas.html


Bea  http://www.beaquilter.com/2017/12/table-scraps-table-toppers-with-island.html




http://www.conniekresin.com/2017/12/virtual-cookie-exchange-blog-hop.html


https://quiltnparty.com/2017/12/13/island-batik-tabletopper/



6 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

I love your heart table topper and your hand stitch quilting. Really adds a special touch of love to it. Total #CreativeGoodness.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Gene Black said...

The heart topper looks great.
Just breathe in and breathe out - relax - You already know you can do this. The January quilt will be fine.

Needled Mom said...

Very pretty and I must say that the hand stitching adds so much. The hand stitching forces us to slow down and enjoy the process.

beaquilter said...

cute topper, don't have my links in there...also your post looks odd at the end (on my computer) love that you're hand quilting January's project! I have mine on the frame ready to long arm!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

The hearts are gorgeous. You're buttonhole stitches are always so neat. Most quilters want smaller stitches lol. Sometimes when I can't get my stitches just right I go ahead and mark the fabric. Sometimes even that doesn't help lol. Looking forward to seeing January's project.

R's Rue said...

Great.