Saturday, November 11, 2017

CHICKEN SCRAPS


Lady luck is on my side today.



My husband will be away for most of the day.

I say..... let the sewing commence.

I will not stop til I am done.

I really like how this is turning out. This is a secret gift for my man!!

As some of you know, I am using my Island Batik Scraps  for the chickens (fat cat patterns) but the sashing and borders will be from the Island Batik fabric line "Blue Moon".

I was worried that this would be to loud for my husband.  He is more of a neutral person but I think the "Blue Moon" fabric is toning it down some (ya think?)

Off I go....will let you know if I meet my goal of getting this done before he gets home.


-----------------------------------------------------

Done with an hour to spare!!!!



I think I love it!!!  Now the story behind the quilt.  Many moons ago, I made my husband a chicken quilt.


sorry that is good as this picture gets.

Well....he didn't have it long.  I sold it in my etsy store.  One day I was talking about my etsy store and needing more quilts in it and he said, well...you can sell my chicken quilt.  So I did, it was in the store maybe 2 weeks tops and it was gone.

We both laugh about it, the selling of his chicken quilt is a running joke in our house.

I wanted to have this done for his birthday but didn't make it, now it is his Christmas present.




16 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love - so if he doesn't ..... ha ha.
Good luck with the completion today. Is this just a "surprise" gift or is there an occasion that it is tied to?

hetty said...

I love it! And I am sure your husband will too. Work hard and just get it done. You can do it!

QuiltShopGal said...

I absolutely love it. They look like very happy chickens. I'm sure he'll love it too! You've made great progress.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Annie with the ducks said...

He's going to LOVE it I'm sure. Really cute chickens!

Rhonda said...

Sew girlfriend, sew!!! Hubby will love the quilt because it's from you.

Angie said...

Awesome chickens! I'm glad you're getting to work on it without "sneaking" ! Enjoy your day!!

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

love your chicken quilt. We have been working on vintage farm and their is one chicken in it.

Needled Mom said...

I love it. Don’t list this one!

AnnieO said...

Looks great, Barb! Fun family story😀

Suzanne said...

Sweet chicken quilt....reminds me of the chickens in Samoa...everywhere!

Jan Marie said...

That one is on my list. Love your colors.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Love the quilt. Great story also. I think the blues are great.

Anonymous said...

Trying this as Anonymous??
I love this chicken quilt!!
Tango

West Michigan Quilter said...

Live your chicken quilt. Love the story too. Thanks for sharing.

KaHolly said...

He’s going to love it! Machine applique?

Thearica said...

Love the chicken quilt! The Radical Roosters are also wonderful to work with. Florinne Johnson is their designer.

Hubby tells me all the time that nothing is sacred in this house. I sell everything. lol