Friday, August 25, 2017

FROM SCRAPPY TO HAPPY

 I have two tubs and one basket of scraps (shamefully).  This one tub you see here are Island Batik scraps.  It is almost to the point of overflowing.



I have been so busy with my mother this week that sewing is almost impossible besides I had to order some more backing for my Island Batik Sept. Challenge.....
So I decided to do something that I could put down and come back to without much thought.



What you see above is all those scraps ironed.

Yep...IRONED!!


Here are three stacks from 2", 1", 2 1/2", and 3"...as you can see some need to be cut down...you can't cut up....only down.  


                   Some   2 1/2 " squares....it doesn't look like much but  this stack stands 3" high.

                                             
                                                          Then this mound of scraps.  I am trying to decide if I should just leave as is or if I should cut them down in strips and squares????  It feels good to have them semi organized....notice the word semi.

9 comments:

Annie said...

LOL...I kept reading and scrolling down in great anticipation to see what fabulous creation you were going to share that we all could grab our scraps and make one too. But your scrap piles are looking so inviting now. So what's it gonna be Barb? What fabulousness are you going to create with these pretty scraps?

Quiltblocksandmore said...

I always have difficulty deciding what size to keep and what to toss. How do you decide? I suppose the size of my storage space should be taken in consideration.

Gene Black said...

Personally, I wouldn't cut down the "mound" because sometimes I need a big "chunk" for the way I work. I agree that it feels nice to have them 'semi-organized.'

Websterquilt said...

I was just doing this with mine the other day! Great minds think alike :)

Denice Barker said...

I spent some time doing this chore a few weeks ago. It does feel good to see it at least organized. I did strips like you did and made dresden plate blades out of the bigger pieces, pieced them (by hand of course) and now am 2.5 squares away from finishing quilting it (by hand of course.) Organizing the mess motivates!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Beautiful scraps! I decided this is the year of wips and the summer of scraps. I've gone through most of my big bins of scraps so far. They're all ironed and cut into sizes I use most. I like being able to grab a bin and just sew. Working with scraps is my favorite.

Suzanne said...

I have gone thru one bag of scraps cutting them down. I have an entire tub...scared to open it up...lol

beaquilter said...

are you planning these for Dec's challenge? I was thinking about slowly starting mine already!! just have to decide what to do!

KaHolly said...

I agree with Gene! You might need bigger pieces!