Friday, June 23, 2017

APPLIQUE PANSY QUILT.


I don't believe that I have shown this quilt to you.  Maybe on Facebook???

This quilt has a history.

Way back in the olden days .....  Okay,,,not really

but a while back when I first started quilting

(Self taught here),

I started this quilt.

I am guessing I started this anywhere from ten to fourteen years ago.  Maybe I should start putting dates on the quilts I start (maybe not, it would shame me too much).  Not quite old enough to be considered an antique.....





I loved applique from the very beginning.  Most of these are done by hand and then later, much later after seeing the squares sit in the drawer for so long I did some on the machine and they still sat.

My mother saw them and loved them so much that I gave her the squares and the fabrics to finish the top.

She finished it about a year ago...at age 79, the top that is.

I just finished quilting it and put the binding on.

I love love this quilt....if you could see it up close and personal you would too.  Well...now it is my quilt.)

My mother lives in a small trailer off my car port and has no room for any more quilts ( ya me!!)....

I have been relieved of a lot of responsibilities that take me out of the home which means I get to sew more.  My major objective is to get a lot of these tops finished and hopefully, on the frame.  I hope I can keep up the momentum.

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

It is such a great feeling to finally finish one of those projects that has been sitting too long.

KaHolly said...

Very pretty! I made a similar one, the flowers were a little different, but it was just as lovely, so I understand how pretty it must be in person. What an accomplishment for your mom! I hope if I reach that age, I'm still able!

Karen in Breezy Point said...

How fun that you worked on this quilt together--it makes it all the more special!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love applique too and really like your quilt. So nice that you have time to get back to doing some things you like.