Monday, May 22, 2017

MODERN BATIK CHALLENGE - What is your favorite Thread?

                                          Modern Batik

I must confess that I am not the modern kind of gal, I am country at best.  These modern challenges are hard for me but they do stretch my imagination so that part I do like.  I hope you all get a chance to go over and see all of the fabulous designs the Island Batik ambassadors have made.  If you look at the post below this one, there is a list for you.

So......drum roll....

Here is my modern design for this month.


I used all Island Batik Fabrics except for the binding.


I used Aurifil thread  #5001 for the blanket stitching.   Have any of you used Aurifil threads before?
What is your favorite thread?

I do love the Aurifil threads, the threads that were sent to me by Island Batik are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome.


As you can see a lot of them are still in the wrapper.....why?  I am waiting for a special project to use them on.  

Here is some Superior Threads......  Now I love these threads as well.


I love the Fantastico line for sure,  I did a project using that line of thread and loved it so much that I went on their website and ordered me some more....these that you see here were sent to me by Island Batik.  Superior Threads sends out a newsletter giving you all kinds of useful information about needles and threads as well.

I had used Connecting Threads for a long time and loved how sturdy it was to quilt with, very little needle breakage but a lot of fuzz on the needle and in the bobbin casing.



I use Sulky, Gutermann, Coats & Clark, and Needle Art for my embroidery machine.  I have used Superior Threads on my embroidery machine as well and it worked our really nice.

So, my question to you is what is your most favorite thread?  Is there one that you like that is not listed here?



7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

I agree. I use the Superior threads as well as Aurifil most of the time.

Gene Black said...

Oh gosh, I don't have ONE most favorite. I like several of them a lot. I love the Aurifil, but also the Superior and ---well, Gee Whiz - it really depends on what I am using it for.

Bev said...

Good job on your modern design. I use the same threads as you as they are kind to my machines by not creating a lot of lint. I also use Wonderfil and Prescencia.

Rhonda said...

My favorites are Metler, I think that's the correct spelling & Gutermann. I love all the rich colors. I use each when machine embroidering & stitching blocks.

julieQ said...

Auriful for me too...mostly because my sewing machine loves it, and sews best with it!!

Heather said...

i don't have a favourite thread, mostly I go with what the store I happen to be in carries. Each shop owner around here tends to have a favourite.

Unknown said...

I use Gutermann Thread. Your modern design is lovely, so creative with teardrops. Must admit I am not a modern quilter, but will keep an open mind. Enjoy your blog. Hoppy Quilting:)