Friday, May 26, 2017

ANTIQUE SQUARES

I don't know if any of you have been following my post since we moved into this house.

At the risk of repeating myself, when we moved in this house the people before us left us an attic, huge room, and out buildings with all of their stuff in it.

We waited months before we dove into them giving the previous owners time to come and get what they wanted.  They never came and my husband got tired of asking them.

So in the attic were a lot of quilt squares.

I gave some to my sisters and mother but kept these:



There were forty of these but my one sister, Jeanette, just came for a visit and we split them up.

So...............I took mine and got some iron on "lite" interfacing. 

 I place the right side to the iron on side of the interfacing and sewed all around the circle.  

Then  made a split in the back of the iron on and pulled the circle to the right side out.  Does that make sense.

Next I ironed the circle to a 10 1/2" beige fabric as shown below. 

Then I blanket stitched around the first one.




              Didn't like that so the next one I just took a very scant 1/4" top stitch around the circle.


                           I liked the top stitched one better so now, I have 20 circles all top stitched.

                                      The next issue is finding some old fabric that might work.

                                                               Here are a few of my choices.




I think I like the first one, what do you think?


6 comments:

Rina Mason said...

When picking out backing fabric I always think about what fabric I want to see when I pull the quilt up to cover me. I think the 1st one is perfect. I'm sure whatever you decide it will be wonderful.

Chookyblue...... said...

I hate it when people move and they don't take all there stuff...........but this is a good find.........

Needled Mom said...

Those are fun! I like the first or second fabric with them best.

Tangos Treasures said...

I like the blanket stitch. Yes to the first fabric too!!

Gene Black said...

I think I like them in the order you posted them. So I would probably go with the first one.

Dayna said...

the first one looks more vintage.