Monday, April 24, 2017

ISLAND BATIK ADVENTUROUS APPLIQUE

                                                           This month

Using these awesome fabrics!!!!
     


More awesomeness


                                                             and MORE!!!!!


Just can't get enough of these fabrics.

I did have to dip into some of my Island Batik Stash to be able
to have enough fabric of the same colors.



The Kitties are paper pieced but they are appliqued down to the background fabrics.  

I love being an Island Batik Ambassador, not only two boxes of fabric a year but it stretches my imagination.


I was not happy with the binding so as of right now, the binding is off.  I just need to get with it and redo it but I do like the outcome of this quilt and hope you do too.




14 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That is fabulous, Barb. It would be fun to play with such great fabrics.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb wow i think it looks amazing i love the fabrics you have used the colours are gorgeous.x

Missy Shay said...

I think a scrappy binding of those colors would be perfect! I love the pattern!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Cute pattern, love those little kitties in the beautiful batiks!

Ariane said...

Your quilt is super cute!!

Gene Black said...

That is lovely Barb. I really like the colors you chose.

beaquilter said...

this is SO miew miew cute!

QuiltShopGal said...

Purrfect design. I absolutely love this design, your fabrics and cheerful colors. I sure hope you share this again, during the annual Pets on Quilts show hosted this summer, by Lilypad Quilting. #PetsOnQuilts

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Snoodles said...

Not only a subject that I love (kitties) but stunning fabrics!

Barbara said...

The binding looks different in your photos, one is more purple than the other on my display. I like it where it looks purple. Maybe dark blue would also be nice. Great design!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What kind of applique do you do with Batiks. Is it too thick for needle turn?

KaHolly said...

How sweet are these kitties! This quilt would brighten up anyone's day! XO

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I love kitties no matter where! Those are so cute!

Wendy said...

A beautiful quilt! Love the kitties!