Saturday, August 27, 2016

NOT MUCH TIME.....




I am surprised at how many people who have taken it so far and glad that they feel it is worth taking.

I think these awesome Island Batik Fabrics is what catches the eye the most.  Did I tell you they hardly fray?  Great GREAT for applique.  They also iron up real pretty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I had mentioned that my sister lost everything in the Baton Rouge Flood.  Her house is now gutted.



She just found out that her insurance  will not pay for the contents of her home....long story but the story is not over yet.

The sad part is and this is where I am appealing to us quilters.  She spent her whole life gathering and accumulating material, threads, a wonderful quilting machine, commerical embroidery machine...the list goes on in hopes that when she retired (which she did in Jan) that she could do a home business with these items.  Not any more.....all gone.  My heart goes out to her.  I started a GOFUNDME account for her.  I know that actually this will be cheaper than gathering up tools and supplies to send to her because postage is expensive but if you would like to help....that would be super.  If not, just a prayer and warm thoughts would be great.

Thanks for listening to me and have a fabulous week-end.

11 comments:

KaHolly said...

Oh, my goodness! Insurance companies are such farces. They make everything so difficult to understand sometimes. I'll bet she thought she had complete coverage. You're so sweet! Good luck! XO

Barbara said...

Such a cute pattern, Barb. Thanks for offering it, I will check it out. So sad what your sister is going through. Your damage photo reminds me of what my husband helped with after Sandy. We were 15' high so only our storage area at ground level was affected, but neighbors had to remove all wallboard immediately to avoid mold. It took much manpower. Prayers for all.

Gene Black said...

I hope to be able to donate to the GoFundMe. In the meantime, I have shared it to my Facebook page.

Anonymous said...

Your sister might want to contact the quilting machine company. I know that Nolting was offering to look over machines affected because of flooding. Deb W.

Fiona said...

I adore Gecko's so thank you for the pattern... much appreciated. Sad for your sister and I do know how it feels... we immigrated with nothing and all I can say is that one does start again ... and learn to live with the wonderful memories and start afresh... it takes time but it does happen....
Hugz

Teresa in Music City said...

Lifting up prayers for your sister Barb!!! This happened to a friend of mine last year, and it is truly heartbreaking.

Susan said...

Oh, to have planned so carefully, and have it all wiped out! I'm so sorry her insurance isn't covering contents, or at least big ticket items. Those quilting machines aren't getting any cheaper!

Susan said...

Thanks for the heads up. I blogged about it, too. Spreading the word.

Lesley said...

So sorry to hear about your sister. Sending prayers and positive thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Sorry for your losses. Will prayer for you and yours.
Marilyn

Suzanne said...

Oh Barb, I am so sorry she has to go through this trial. Hope all is well with her and the family soon.