Tuesday, May 3, 2016

LIFE'S CHALLENGES

Sometimes the challenges of life just keep a person busy.  It was not until Friday that I got back to sewing.  I had not touched my machine for two weeks.


Even tho I was busy, I got a hair brained idea to make curtains for my kitchen.   Trust me when I tell you that I have hardly decorated this house since we moved in two and a half years ago.  Some of my windows are lacking attention, pictures have not been put on the walls...etc.

So...as busy as I have been I did find time to buy some scrap fabric on line (you know.....we can always squeeze in time for buying fabric)!!!  

I got these lovelies at Modernality Fabrics on etsy, just the colors I wanted.  As you can see or not see, they are upholstery fabrics.


Here are my curtains!!

                                         

The fabrics were next to nothing in cost, she shipped quickly and well....I had fun.  I even lined these curtains.  Now there are things I would change but not now (which means not ever).

I also have enough left over for a Kitchen corner mat....to replace the one I have now

                                            (7) Name: 'Quilting : KITCHEN CORNER
 and to make a bar runner but that will happen later...got some irons in the fire right now.

                   A paper piecing project coming up for Island Batik.....more will be revealed later.




Using Deseret Rose fabrics by of course the awesome Island Batik.



Needless to say with all of life's challenges that present itself on a daily basis and sometimes keeps me from posting or sewing.....................LIFE IS GOOD!!!

11 comments:

barbara woods said...

love that fabric and your curtains ,Never made a kitchen mat but may try, i have a couple of corners in my kitchens

Jeanne said...

Love your new curtains!

QuiltShopGal said...

I truly love your new kitchen curtains. So cheerful. Absolutely you! Great job.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

KaHolly said...

Your curtains look great! But I love that corner mat! What a clever idea! XO

Gene Black said...

I hope most of the "life challenges" have been happy ones. The curtains look great, but the link for the fabric doesn't work. :(
I love the Island Batik -Desert Rose fabrics. You know that I love all batiks, but oh, those colors make my heart sing!

Marie said...

The cherry curtains are great and I love the colors. You are one of the busiest persons I know and yet you do all the extras too, I should take a lesson from you. Hugs, Marie

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Love those curtains! Love that you pieced them. Those batiks are .. Omgosh..so gorgeous!

Wacky Woman said...

Love the curtains; very modern!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Your curtains are precious, and that corner mat is absolutely the cutest thing! The batiks are incredibly gorgeous, too. Life is, indeed, GOOD! Thanks for sharing~

Westmichquilter.blogspot.com said...

Love your curtains. What fun colors.

Westmichquilter.blogspot.com said...

Love your new curtains. Great colors.