Monday, October 12, 2015

EVERY QUILT HAS A STORY -KANSAS CITY STAR

Here is a quilt I made over twelve years ago when I first started quilting (self taught).

I was actually going to throw the top away,

I was not happy with the squares,

Not happy with the circles in the middle.



                                                          Just not happy with it.

My mother was visiting and I was going through my sewing and came across this top.  She loved it (I only rolled my eyes because I didn't think it was quilt worthy).  So I gave it to her.

Let us fast forward to now.

My 79 year old mother transformed this quilt into something priceless (hand quilted).  She took care of  some of the flaws, even tho I can still see them and you probably can too but this quilt now has a space on my prized quilt rack.

It also shows me how far I have come in my quilting experience.

10 comments:

KaHolly said...

There's just something special about moms! Your quilt came out beautiful!

Lynn said...

It's always hard to move on with a project when it doesn't turn out like you think it should. Looks awesome now!

Lesley said...

It looks so beautiful to me! So nice that your Mom and you both worked on this!

Jocelyn said...

It's beautiful! And what a treasure that your Mom hand quilted it.

Gene Black said...

I don't see a single flaw - but I do see a lot of love.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your quilt is beautiful! You have a special Mom. Enjoy her!

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing when we can go back and compare what we do now...to then. I did that not long ago with photos and posts and was just down right shocked! We do get better with age!

Needled Mom said...

She did a wonderful job in making that quilt special for you. The photo of it looks great.

Marjorie said...

It looks perfectly beautiful to me. Each and every quilt has it's own evolutionary process and comes to completion when it is time. This one has a great story and wonderful memories for you. Enjoy!

Quilt n Queen said...

It's beautiful Barb....memories made with mom!!!