Friday, July 3, 2015

SIGNATURE QUILT

Several months ago a young mother of three came to the ladies at church and told us that she had a lump in her throat and that the Dr's said that it was just a matter of what stage cancer she had.

So.....being the quilter that I am and doing what quilters do.

I set out and made a ton of signature blocks from my 2 1/2" strips I made a while back from scraps.
Boy they sure came in handy.

Then I set out with a friend and got the signatures.

Here is the quilt.



I have not given it to her yet.

You know we all have in our minds the discomfort, pain, and stress cancer causes a family.

Well...she comes back three weeks later.

The lump is removed

and a miracle has happened.

She has no signs of cancer.  It was so amazing.  She even prepared her kids, she never told them it was cancer but that Mommy was going to be tired and Mommy might not be able to do too much for a while.

What wonderful news but in the mean time.....these squares are being signed...

I am sure this will be a reminder to her that there were people out there pulling for her, praying for her, and wishing her well.

------------------------------------------------------

On a second note:  I have opened a booth in one of the local stores.  I have so many quilts, runners, pouches etc that I really need to do something with them.  My poor husband is out side right now making a back drop for my larger quilts.  YEA ME!

--------------------------



18 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh my gosh how scary for that young mom! And what a blessing you all are to her! Can we see a photo of your booth? :-) Happy 4th!

Joanna said...

Wonderful story and I hope that young woman's health holds up. So nice of you to make the quilt; it looks super. Good luck with your booth.

Missy Shay said...

She is going to be so blessed by her quilt!

Dana Gaffney said...

A happy quilt instead of a sad one, wonderful!

Jacqueline said...

I love happy endings. Good luck with the booth.

Needled Mom said...

Oh gosh....what great news, Barb. She will love the thoughts and prayers that went into that lovely quilt.

Good luck with your little shop.

Fiona said...

i love the quilt and the gesture behind it... and best of all I love that she is fine.. what a great uplifting story..
Hugz

hetty said...

What a lovely story with a happy ending! It's a great quilt. Good luck with your booth.

Gene Black said...

I am so happy for the lady who got the miracle. The quilt will be a lovely reminder that "Hey, I am still here! but every day is precious"

QuiltSue said...

What a lovely happy ending. Good luck with your new venture too.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love the comfort that a handmade quilt brings. Thankful that your friend is well and that her kids will have their momma!

Lesley said...

What a wonderful quilt story! Congrats on your new venture...good luck with your sales!

Anonymous said...

The quilt will be a reminder of love. And a quilt is always needed. Well done.

KaHolly said...

I like stories with good endings. Shame on that dr. who she initially saw. What a thing to say. She will love your kind gesture. The recipient of the Posie quilt was so pleased, she said she's going to take it with her wherever she goes!

KaHolly said...

P.S. Good luck with your little booth! Keep us posted !

suemac said...

Have fun with your booth. I am in the middle of so many charity quilts I don't know where I am.

Marie said...

What a wonderful thing you have done for that precious lady.Our God is so wonderful and we can praise him always. Your such a kind soul.Hugs, Marie

Scrappy quilter said...

So wonderful to hear the good news. Our God is wonderful. And what a pretty quilt to remind her daily of her miracle.