Monday, June 15, 2015

HAPPY ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!! SIX MONTHS TO COMPLETE IT!



I had to wait until my daughter in law told everyone she wanted to tell but Vance and I are going to be grand parents....  Do I hear a WHOOT!!!

All these years of my whinning and crying and wishing everyone well when they had a grandbaby and deep down wanting one of my own.

So this morning....as I was looking at all of my projects I need to complete.....

I just sighed.....

until an idea popped into my head!!

Just popped...right there!!!

I am going to make my own quiet book!!

here is the beginning idea.... do you know what I am having?





I had thought to buy a pattern, then looking at all of the books and ideas on line, I thought...

I can do that myself.  I can make my own.

Would it be easier to have a pattern???  YES

Am I cheap?  YES

Will it be fun to make it my own???  YES

So....looking online and getting an ideal of size and how I wanted to attach each page, 

I cut 9" x 18"

I plan to sew right down the middle of the page to attach it to the book cover.

I cut out ten, I was going to cut just a page at a time but you know us quilters.....I will dream of another project and see that white fabric and go....OHHHH I will use that.

Then when I needed another page....OOOPS>>>> so no chance for that happening.

I will use some felt but I want to make a book that will be very durable....so I am sure through

trial and 

error

hopefully,

create a fun book.

I actually have more than six months....but at least I have a start.

So....hopefully, I can share my book as it progresses.

35 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

So excited for you! Best job ever!!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Yes!!!!!! I am just so thrilled for you! You have so much to look forward to and so much joy to be had! So exciting! Big hugs to you and to the future mommy and daddy!

barbara woods said...

congrats , you will love being a grand maw, i have 24

Karen said...

Congratulations! We're also expecting our first grand in 6 months. I love your idea and will be watching your progress with interest.

Missy Shay said...

My friend made one for her son years ago and she said she ended up spending a lot of money on it. LOL
Congratulations on your first grand baby!

Maureen said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations Barb to you all! What fun & joy lie ahead.

Terry said...

Congratulations!! :0)

Lesley said...

Congratulations! It is so special to join the grandparents club!

Dresden Quilter said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

hetty said...

Congratulations Barb! I am so excited for you. Being a Grandma is the best thing that ever happened to me. I am looking forward to your progress on the fun book.

Jocelyn said...

Congratulations!

AnnieO said...

As a lucky Mimi to one adorable grandson, your future is cemented!

Betsy said...

Congratulations Barb. You are going to be so happy! I have yet to make a quiet book so looking forward to yours

West Michigan Quilter said...

Congratulations! You are going to have so much fun. I'm eager to see that quiet book. You are so creative, i bet it will be fantastic. I'm so happy for you. Keep us posted.

Heather said...

Congrats! It is such fun being a grandparent. Love the start on your little book.

Gene Black said...

Congrats, you will be a wonderful Grammie.

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

Congrats! The book idea is wonderful and will be a true treasure! You realize you can make it into a sequel... L

Scrappy quilter said...

Oh Barb I am so happy for you. Grandchildren are just so special. Hugs

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh congratulations Barb!!!! Your life just changed in so many wonderful ways - so much love in store for you my friend!!!!!

Marie said...

I am over the moon for you and hubby,I know you will be the best grandparents! Now you get of to the sewing and quilting as your creative juices are really on the overactive side right now and I am thrilled!! Can't wait to follow the journey. Many hugs, Marie

Needled Mom said...

Oh Barb....that is sooooo exciting. I know those six months are going to creep for you until you can hold that little one in your arms.

Your book will be such a wonderful gift.

QuiltSue said...

Congratulations. It's great fun being grandparents and the big thing is you can give them back when they get crochety or need changing, etc!

andsewon said...

A big hug of congratulations to you all!!! I am so excited for you Barb!! You will be a fun Grammy for any wee one to call his or her own!! Wonderful gift you are making!!
Hugs,
Lola

Tangos Treasures said...

Congratulations!!!

Jean said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you.

Jan said...

Congratulations! Being a grandparent is SO special!

Kathy said...

Congratulations!! There is absolutely nothing more precious than grandchildren!!!!

sandra said...

Yeah and congratulations, being a Grammie is so wonderful. You have all the joy and less worry. Blessings Sandra

Jackie's Stitches said...

Congratulations on your exciting news! I'm not a grandmother either and it looks like it's going to be a while. I've heard is joyful beyond imagination!

Snoodles said...

Congratulations! You will have so much fun!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Congratulations!!!

KaHolly said...

That's the best news ever! I am sooooo envious!

Kim said...

The best and most exciting news ever! Being a grandmother is a fantastic adventure that I am pleased to experience with my twin grandbabies. Congrats to you and your family. Enjoy the journey and sew every idea that pops into your head, having a baby to sew for is a sweet joy.

Jan said...

Congratulations!!! Being Grandparents is the best job in the world!

Suzanne said...

I love being a Grandma...and so will you! Congrats!