Monday, May 18, 2015

Berries, Roses, and scrappyness


Here are my berry picking pals....



Every morning but Sunday and days I have to take my mother to the Dr....I go out and pick berries.
I get about a one gallon freezer bag full....



but first I take out some for my breakfast.  Yep...berries, yogurt, and lite whip cream...UMMMM UMMMMM good.


Here are some wild roses, they have found a wonderful home on this fence which they continue to wrap around even further.  So gorgeous.


Flowers around the pump house



Keep in mind that this is just thrown down.  But the center of these squares are the scraps from a previous quilt.  I used a Samoan Jelly roll to frame the scrappiness.

All it needs is one last border...that will come tonight.  I think I am going out berry picking this evening since I will be gone in the morning.



15 comments:

Bev C said...

Hello Barb,

How lucky to be able to pick some fresh berries, like your picking partner.
Love the bright quilt of scraps, have fun putting on the border.

Happy days.
Bev.

Wacky Woman said...

Oh yum! I love berries and yogurt! That must be a great breakfast - picking them and then eating them. Just the best. Love your scrappy quilt too!

Jeanne said...

Boy, do those berries look good! Your scrappy quilt is looking great, too.

Annie said...

YUMMY berries! Wow, those scrappy blocks look awesome. I am visualizing it without the sashing thinking it would be a blast of shattered color. But hard to say without actually seeing it. I love it with your sashing and little block corner stones too.

https://quiltingatthecottae.blogspot.com/ said...

Ha, used to pick berries when I was a kid. Now so many berry farms rather than just wild berries. They look like black raspberries which aren't very common here in Canada. Yummy.

Gene Black said...

I wish I had berries nearby to pick. There were plenty when I was younger and there was more "wild" land areas around.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous quilt! I love scrappy!

KaHolly said...

Scrappy makes my heart sing! Yum, fresh berries. It will be awhile before there are any berries here!

Scrappy quilter said...

Lovely quilt and lovely berries!

barbara woods said...

One busy woman

Missy Shay said...

I love your quilt, how awesome to use leftover scraps, it's like half the quilt is free!

Needled Mom said...

The berries and cream look delicious. Are your arms all scratched up from the picking? We used to wear long sleeves for the task, but they were sooooo good.

Mystica said...

Like the post. Berries flowers and quilts and dogs!

Unknown said...

What a bounty, seems so early for berries. And it sure is here. Love the sweet peas growing by the pump.

Marie said...

Love to read your posts, the berries look yummy, and quilts so pretty. I read somewhere on facebook , that you might be making some sweet little quilts soon, it made me smile so big! Have a beautiful week. Hugs, Marie